FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I had a big owl not long ago kill 7 of my birds. I saw it on my game camera. Wasn't sure what was killing them as I couldn't find any places for critters to get in so I put the camera out in a pen and there is was on a bird.

Shoot! Were they adults? Sorry for your loss! My girls usually make it in the house before dusk.....but now I'm worried!

I've advertised a cuckoo marans rooster on Craigslist for awhile for $15. However, I'll offer him free to a good home on here. I got two as babies and were told they were pullets- same old story- both were roosters. My family LOVES the one and pick him up and hug him all the time...he tolerates it....

The one I'm keeping is a light phase. This one is dark phase, and his black 'glistens' green in the sunlight! Gorgeous, doesn't crow even now at nearly 5 months old (just putts and makes 'Martian' sounds!), and is very gentle. No aggression at all, he's the #2 to my light male. Yes, cuckoo marans come in dark and light phases and it has NOTHING to do with sexing as I found out.... I'd eat him up, but that would not go over well with the family.

I live in Palm Coast, but can meet in St. Augustine, Jacksonville, or even Ormond Beach for anyone traveling. I'd like to see him go to a nice, non-eating home!

He's bigger than the pics I took 2 weeks ago, really getting tall and lanky! Big guy!

Was
I had a big owl not long ago kill 7 of my birds. I saw it on my game camera. Wasn't sure what was killing them as I couldn't find any places for critters to get in so I put the camera out in a pen and there is was on a bird.
your pen covered on top and all sides? Something got a bird from my pen that is covered on top too and a friend said it could be an owl. Would it get on the ground and pull it from underneath?

Well, after researching and talking to someone who kindly called me about the auction,
I am planning to take my excess boys to the LCross auction on Friday next week. SO that being
said, if there is anyone who is interested in a black copper marans rooster or a wheaten
marans rooster directly from me, now is your time to speak up. Yes they are culls, but
if i had means i would keep several of them because many of them have good breeding points
I just can't keep them all...i'm already building coop number 5!!!
I will not get a good price at the auction so i am willing to let
them go for a low price if any of you want one. If you want me to post pictures then i can do
that later today.

It's funny now that i have the plan set i am having a really hard time parting with them, each
one seems to have a little thing I like about him and after feeding them for 6 months i have got
to know them individually.

I also have some 6 week old crested cream legbar boys as well, but i won't take them to the
auction until they grow up a bit but i would part with them to a private person if they wanted.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom