FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello fellow BYCers, from cocke county, east TN.. was wondering about trying to get some south florida feral muscovy hatching eggs. i keep seeing how horrible the ferals there are lied about and killed, same as canada geese, mallard ducks, and pigeons (they shoot, snare/skewer, and poison them in morristown were used to live. I'm in the country out side of town technically in next county over now, with fish pond, and a creek running through three acres I'm renting. i have a pair of scovies and had a rescued one years ago (were i got hooked on them as great cleaner and quieter easier to care for pets than mallard type ducks, geese, even chickens, and pigeons ect.

so as my duck hen is laying a lot of eggs, i was hoping to get some stronger feral scovy eggs to put under her (hopefully more black blue or purple, as my male mostly white, and female slight dirty light brown more than him.. and parents are siblings pretty sure of, just bred for commercial use). I figured id be saving and giving good home to young, as have lots of other water features too full of fish and water plants. Please PM directly also or instead, as not getting any BYC notifications recently from last time site updated. thanks and sorry for too long post.

also wanting to talk scovies even if not interested in shipping me eggs, as i can just buy cheap great colored ducklings local, just was wanting to try shipped eggs for hoot and thought trying to give ferals good home.

Last edited:
I would check with wild life hospitals I have heard near me they take abandoned eggs and injured ones in. They may near you as well.

Hello fellow BYCers, from cocke county, east TN.. was wondering about trying to get some south florida feral muscovy hatching eggs. i keep seeing how horrible the ferals there are lied about and killed, same as canada geese, mallard ducks, and pigeons (they shoot, snare/skewer, and poison them in morristown were used to live. I'm in the country out side of town technically in next county over now, with fish pond, and a creek running through three acres I'm renting. i have a pair of scovies and had a rescued one years ago (were i got hooked on them as great cleaner and quieter easier to care for pets than mallard type ducks, geese, even chickens, and pigeons ect.

so as my duck hen is laying a lot of eggs, i was hoping to get some stronger feral scovy eggs to put under her (hopefully more black blue or purple, as my male mostly white, and female slight dirty light brown more than him.. and parents are siblings pretty sure of, just bred for commercial use). I figured id be saving and giving good home to young, as have lots of other water features too full of fish and water plants. Please PM directly also or instead, as not getting any BYC notifications recently from last time site updated. thanks and sorry for too long post.

also wanting to talk scovies even if not interested in shipping me eggs, as i can just buy cheap great colored ducklings local, just was wanting to try shipped eggs for hoot and thought trying to give ferals good home.
The muskovies where I am at(north florida) are treated decent ,people feed them and mostly leave them alone.I have taken in babies to raise when they are orphaned and they make great pets.I actually have 2 right now that were just hatched and orphaned last week but they are already spoken for.They were part of a clutch of 17 eggs that momma was sitting on on in a neighbors yard.These guys(or gals) were the last to hatch and therefore they got left behind by Momma.

Does anyone know if there is a Florida Ag agency that will do a Fecal Float for poultry? Our local vets here won't have anything to do with chickens and I need to diagnose a possible worm problem. If you have a vet that offers this service I wouldn't mind sending it through the mail, although the postman might mind it.

HI-Laz- I have never been before and I was going to go and check it out Friday night. I am interested in selling my excess roos. Have you ever been before? What can I expect?? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom