FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Believe it or not but the pullet is about 3½ months old. She is a runt. The boys are around 10 weeks I think. I have to check my hatching calendar.
Just checked my calendar. The boys will be 9 weeks old on Monday.

Quote:
Here is a picture I took a few minutes ago of the same birds. The RIR is a runt and about a month older than the boys. They did not want to cooperate getting their pictures taken. The little RIR girl is actually a little smaller than the boys even though she is older but it is hard to see in the pictures.

We were looking to move to the country for 8 years. During that time I read, hung out on the internet and talked to oodles of people about anything FARM ANIMAL.

Now we have a home on 5 rural acres in Ft. Myers and I have a small menagerie.

2 Donkeys, Jasmine and Magnolia
7 goslings, 6 African, 1 emden
15 Muscovy ducklings
24 chicks, 12 EE and 12 mutts
3 dogs who have been around a few years: Cleo and Connor are Rotties,
Poppy is a Pit Bull.
I feel I have a nice start; hubby thinks we have enough
D.gif
Good thing he does not count noses
wink.png
I am totally new to rural life, but I feel like I finally came home. I will stay here till I turn up my toes.
BYC has been a valuable resource to me. Thank all of you for sharing your experiences.
I LOVE FLORIDA!!

We were looking to move to the country for 8 years. During that time I read, hung out on the internet and talked to oodles of people about anything FARM ANIMAL.

Now we have a home on 5 rural acres in Ft. Myers and I have a small menagerie.

2 Donkeys, Jasmine and Magnolia
7 goslings, 6 African, 1 emden
15 Muscovy ducklings
24 chicks, 12 EE and 12 mutts
3 dogs who have been around a few years: Cleo and Connor are Rotties,
Poppy is a Pit Bull.
I feel I have a nice start; hubby thinks we have enough
D.gif
Good thing he does not count noses
wink.png
I am totally new to rural life, but I feel like I finally came home. I will stay here till I turn up my toes.
BYC has been a valuable resource to me. Thank all of you for sharing your experiences.
I LOVE FLORIDA!!
goodpost.gif
welcome-byc.gif
I can't wait to move out to the country as well. Still got a few years left in suburbia though before that can be accomplished.

We waited until our youngest graduated high school. The bonus was she moved out and got her own apartment. We now have a little slice of paradise - 2-1/2 acres with a small house in the country. I never wanted chickens, but the property came with a building that was converted to a chicken coop, and hubby talked me into buying a trio of chickens. Now, seven years later, we have around 60-ish chickens (afraid to count), all with names, all pets, and I love every one!

Thank you for the ovation TREX.

Sjisty All my children are grown as well as some of my grandchildren I had dreams of enticing them to country living. Unfortunately even the 5 year old boy is a loss. He's afraid of EVERYTHING. Chicks, ducks, geese, frogs, lizards, snakes and bugs.
idunno.gif

Since our coop and pen are in the donkey pasture, under one of our few trees, hubby never goes there. (he's in a wheelchair) So, if I somehow wind up with 60 chickens, I doubt he'd notice
jumpy.gif

I found a wonderful mystery egg today. Have no idea which girl dropped her first egg today but I am thrilled. I have a buff brahma mix that lays a light brown egg, an EE I am waiting for a blue egg from, 2 GLW that are singing, a BSL that is chattering about laying an egg, a RIR that is close also. All the others are bantams

The light brown egg is my BB, the dark brown matches an egg chart color, but I do not have a marans, welsummer or any of the listed Dark brown layers.

What do ya think?

I found a wonderful mystery egg today. Have no idea which girl dropped her first egg today but I am thrilled. I have a buff brahma mix that lays a light brown egg, an EE I am waiting for a blue egg from, 2 GLW that are singing, a BSL that is chattering about laying an egg, a RIR that is close also. All the others are bantams

The light brown egg is my BB, the dark brown matches an egg chart color, but I do not have a marans, welsummer or any of the listed Dark brown layers.

What do ya think?

Lucky !! Grats on your first egg! I waiting for mine to start laying.... i got them in march so i'm guessing this month or next One is a barred rock and the other is a rhode island red

What do ya think?

maybe one of them has got a bit of marans or wellsummer blood in them :)... it's a lovely egg!!

Lucky !! Grats on your first egg! I waiting for mine to start laying.... i got them in march so i'm guessing this month or next One is a barred rock and the other is a rhode island red
Thanks, my BB was already laying when I got her. My first egg was from a bantam born in late January and this is from one I got in late February. Your will start getting eggs soon. It is egg-citing. I go out and check several times a day for an egg.

Back
Top Bottom