FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I also keep a large dog cage, it can hold 6 chickens comfortably, I can keep them in the garage or transport them easily. Their coop is high off the ground so that water can flow underneath and around. Using sand in coop is helpful during the rainey season.

I she still good with kids and cats? Often after a pit tastes blood it changes them. They are hunters naturally and once they get it it very hard to forget. Where are you? I have a friend who may be interested.
Hi Firefly!

I'm in Tampa. She is still good otherwise, hasn't changed around anyone/anything but the chickens. I don't think Roxy meant to kill it, because it was still whole, I think she just got excited and played too hard. Now when the hens see her they flip out which only makes her even more worked up. We had a German Shepherd who did the same thing, but she did get aggressive afterwards, so we rehomed her, too. Roxy was here during that experience but never joined in with with Hera, so we thought we were in the clear. Hera would brutally kill and hunt them though, which is completely different from what Roxy is doing, but it isn't fair to have to keep her in the crate or on a chain in the yard. That is no life for a good dog. If your up North of me, I can bring her tomorrow and your friend can give her a week trial and if it doesn't work out we can pick her back up. Your welcome to call!

I just saw you are in Tampa. You are way far away. Have you thought about working with her. You may be able to descensitize her to the chickens. I have had no luck training the hunter out of my husky so we put a fence up between her yard and the chicken yard. I talked to my friend she rescued a new pit just last week. So she isn't ready yet.

We did all of that with the other one and it didn't work. We don't have the room here to keep everyone separated so if someone doesn't fit into the dynamic, they have to move on :( She was supposed to be temporary when we got her. Someone found her half beaten to death at a dog park, promised us they would find a home for her if we could just keep her in the mean time, but they never did. We had her fixed, vaccinated, put through training and invested a ton of money hoping to find a better place for her to live, but rehoming a pit is nearly impossible. Our chickens are the priority so we just need to find a place asap. Thanks so much for trying. I really appreciate it. If your friend or anyone comes available, please keep us in mind. THanks!

Anyone near Daytona Beach have gold laced or barred cochins for sale? Looking for LF cochin roos and pullets both :) Also looking for a lf black cochin roo and lf blue cochin roo.

Anyone near Daytona Beach have gold laced or barred cochins for sale? Looking for LF cochin roos and pullets both
smile.png
Also looking for a lf black cochin roo and lf blue cochin roo.

If you haven't found them by October we'll be in St Augustine at a swap and should have both black and blue cochin LF roos

Sad to say it is time for our chicken adventure to come to an end. Age, health and time constraints have gotten in the way so we are forced to sell our entire flock and setup. 4 x 6 coop, fence, food, hay and hay box, along with a very mixed flock of pets. 15 girls include black copper marans, splash maran, easter eggers, RIR, Dominque, olive egger, 3 silkies, 3 unknowns. One handicapped hen named Wobble. All have been very spoiled by 8 yr old granddaughter who just went back to VA.

Asking $450 or OBO . 321-431-4188 or email [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom