FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I just finished my clean water delivery system! Up until now, my birds have been getting their waterers absolutely filthy! -even the hanging ones. I saw those screw in tab systems posted here and got me some off of e-bay and finally got around to trying them out.

I used a 6" pipe for the water tank. The lid is a "clean-out cap" with a door handle attached to it. I think it's about 18 inches long.
I had to reduce the pipe to hose connector size, so i used a 6" to 2" reducer, then I used a 2" to 1" threaded reducer and then used a threaded connector/converter to convert to garden hose attachment:

I had to use a 6" slip on connector to attach the (6" to 2" reducer) and those things are pricey! I finally just cut off the bell-end of a 6" pipe (some of these have the female connector built on and I had one) and use that as my sleeve connector. I was hoping the reducer would fit inside the pipe, but I guess they don't make them like that.
An old washing machine hose provided me with the female-female tubing I needed and it was just the right length!

I had to drill 11/32 inch holes for the dispenser fittings. That was an odd sized bit to find but I found it at Tractor Supply.
The first two screwed in fine, but the third just wouldn't go in. I re-drilled the hole and widened it a tiny bit. I had to go back and cover the seam with silicon because it did drip. (I knew it would)

I used 2" pipe for the main watering section. The dispensers are placed 12" apart.
This should keep the water much cleaner for my birds. A screw-on cap is used on the end for easy clean out. I also drilled a small hole just under the cap on the holding tank. this is to prevent a vapor lock and keep the gravity operation system running. Did you ever put your finger on a straw in soda and lift up the straw with nothing dripping out? That's what we're trying to avoid here.

I think it's going to work.

WOW nice work !!!!

I just finished my clean water delivery system! Up until now, my birds have been getting their waterers absolutely filthy! -even the hanging ones. I saw those screw in tab systems posted here and got me some off of e-bay and finally got around to trying them out.

I used a 6" pipe for the water tank. The lid is a "clean-out cap" with a door handle attached to it. I think it's about 18 inches long.
I had to reduce the pipe to hose connector size, so i used a 6" to 2" reducer, then I used a 2" to 1" threaded reducer and then used a threaded connector/converter to convert to garden hose attachment:

I had to use a 6" slip on connector to attach the (6" to 2" reducer) and those things are pricey! I finally just cut off the bell-end of a 6" pipe (some of these have the female connector built on and I had one) and use that as my sleeve connector. I was hoping the reducer would fit inside the pipe, but I guess they don't make them like that.
An old washing machine hose provided me with the female-female tubing I needed and it was just the right length!

I had to drill 11/32 inch holes for the dispenser fittings. That was an odd sized bit to find but I found it at Tractor Supply.
The first two screwed in fine, but the third just wouldn't go in. I re-drilled the hole and widened it a tiny bit. I had to go back and cover the seam with silicon because it did drip. (I knew it would)

I used 2" pipe for the main watering section. The dispensers are placed 12" apart.
This should keep the water much cleaner for my birds. A screw-on cap is used on the end for easy clean out. I also drilled a small hole just under the cap on the holding tank. this is to prevent a vapor lock and keep the gravity operation system running. Did you ever put your finger on a straw in soda and lift up the straw with nothing dripping out? That's what we're trying to avoid here.

I think it's going to work.

Awesome job, i like the two different heights of nipples... mine are all same height so it's a case of one size fits all.

I did the exact same thing as you, except for the following. I placed a faucet on the other end of each of the PVC tubes and
daisy chained them together so they go from all the coops one after the next.

the other thing i did was to take the dispenser bucket and insert a toilet mechanism into the bottom into a second hole
and then attach the bottom of that to the faucet using adaptors and a hose, it fills the bucket automatically and then of
course cuts off when the float
reaches the correct height just like in the toilet. So every day i just go out there and check that the waterer at the
end of the line is still getting water to make sure it's working. I also put just a drop of bleach in there once in a while to
prevent any algal build up (no more than a drop or two, just like you would put in drinking water... )

i have only had one problem with it and that was my fault, as i tried to kill it with the lawnmower ...
hide.gif

Thanks Runaway,

Someday I'll use the auto fill option but I'm not that smart or talented yet. I'm slowly getting there though!
I still get drips from the screw cap, and that sucker is on tight! I guess i need to wrap it in plumbers tape.

I posted this on a swap page also. I believe more is better.
A friend is selling out due to illness I'm posting the link to CL add to help him.
He has had these flocks for years. Some of you may know Glenn of Glenn's Poultry in Yulee Fl
He was in the Hospital for a month and has been home for 1 week. He is physical not able to take care for them.
I saw MF & Porcelain D'Uccle, Cornish bantams, Ameraucana, Marans, Heritage RIR, Royal Palm Turkeys and the biggest Rouen Ducks I've ever seen. He calls them exhibition Rouen. They are beautiful. Also has Heritage Plymouth white rocks that he is going to try to keep.

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/grd/4102082500.html

Thanks Runaway,

Someday I'll use the auto fill option but I'm not that smart or talented yet. I'm slowly getting there though!
I still get drips from the screw cap, and that sucker is on tight! I guess i need to wrap it in plumbers tape.
i really had to do something like that as I am now up to 5 coops and 2 chick brooders and i am next going to build
a rooster condo.. i just got so sick of running allover with buckets.. LOL!! I think the rooster condo will be plumbed
permanently rather than using hose between the different pens, but i do move the other coops so hose was the way
to go.. think i am going to use your 2 level idea :)...

Anyone in Florida want to rescue some unclaimed chicks from the Clermont, FL Post Office. They called the phone number on the box and didn't get an answer. They tried to deliver the chicks, but the lady does not live at the address given anymore. Please call or message us if you are interested. In the meantime, the Postal workers are going to try to find them a home rather than ship them back.

Anyone in Florida want to rescue some unclaimed chicks from the Clermont, FL Post Office. They called the phone number on the box and didn't get an answer. They tried to deliver the chicks, but the lady does not live at the address given anymore. Please call or message us if you are interested. In the meantime, the Postal workers are going to try to find them a home rather than ship them back.
That really is awful. I hope they find homes

Back
Top Bottom