FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I though I had a male and female goose and when one died I though the female died. But then I started finding unusually large eggs in the duck house, albeit in a new nest. Today I peeked in to watch and she was arranging her nest. What behavior should I look for to make me assume she wants to sit? And where to get I get a male that can fertilize the eggs she wants to sit on? She's an Embden. I live in Sumter County Florida.

Also, I've never eaten a goose egg yet. Do you treat them the same as duck and chicken eggs?

Sandy

Last edited:
I will have eggs hatching on the 21st. Some are from an Easter Egger Rooster with a EE hen and the others are EE Rooster with Maran hens. If interested private message me.
@Flybybirds , I tried to quote you earlier but somehow it got messed up.
th.gif
I was asking where you are located

I though I had a male and female goose and when one died I though the female died. But then I started finding unusually large eggs in the duck house, albeit in a new nest. Today I peeked in to watch and she was arranging her nest. What behavior should I look for to make me assume she wants to sit? And where to get I get a male that can fertilize the eggs she wants to sit on? She's an Embden. I live in Sumter County Florida.

Also, I've never eaten a goose egg yet. Do you treat them the same as duck and chicken eggs?

Sandy

I have African geese. The eggs are good and make wonderful scrambled eggs. 1 egg equals 3 chicken eggs.
I have 3 females and 2 males. I white and 1 brown

I will have eggs hatching on the 21st. Some are from an Easter Egger Rooster with a EE hen and the others are EE Rooster with Maran hens. If interested private message me.

I am 22 miles outside Okeechobee Florida to the West. I love it here. PM me and I can give you my email address if you want.
Dang, I wish I wasn't so far from you...I would love EE/Marans hatching eggs
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom