FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
I'm an old lady and like your mother I break my eggs into a separate bowl too. It's just a habit. I eat all of my eggs fertile or not. Many times when I break the eggs open, I check them especially when I'm setting up the breeding pens to see how fertile the eggs are.

I'm an old lady and like your mother I break my eggs into a separate bowl too. It's just a habit. I eat all of my eggs fertile or not. Many times when I break the eggs open, I check them especially when I'm setting up the breeding pens to see how fertile the eggs are.
It seems like 'back in the day', we were taught to break our eggs into a separate bowl as well. We got our eggs from the grocery store and once cracked one open to find a partially developed chick. Now that was probably before today's current regulations regarding 'egg houses', for lack of better words. It was also taught to us so as to avoid any small pieces of shell getting into the cake mix/cookie mix/biscuit mix on accident. I have continued that teaching to my son and daughter and granddaughter also. No shells in our food.

It seems like 'back in the day', we were taught to break our eggs into a separate bowl as well. We got our eggs from the grocery store and once cracked one open to find a partially developed chick. Now that was probably before today's current regulations regarding 'egg houses', for lack of better words. It was also taught to us so as to avoid any small pieces of shell getting into the cake mix/cookie mix/biscuit mix on accident. I have continued that teaching to my son and daughter and granddaughter also. No shells in our food.
Exactly!
clap.gif

Hope to see some of you folks out at the Dunnellon swap at Tractor Supply tomorrow morning! I'm bringing a Tolbunt Polish frizzle hen that is awesome, but just doesn't fit in with my Marans. The roo was being too aggressive, and the looked like a friar for a while :p. But I separated her for a while and she looks great now.

I'm also bringing a couple of beautiful black bantam Cochin Roos. They would be perfect for a FFA or 4-H fair project.

And we have a blue eyed, lop eared bunny that needs a home that is coming. He was actually abandoned in our neighborhood and we fattened him up and got him looking good. Now he just needs a home who needs a sweet bunny to love.

Excited to see and speak to all of the chicken friends at the swap. It's awesome to be in such a great community of like minded folks!

Just a REMINDER. In October we will be holding our Crystal River Mall Rural King Farm Swap on the 3rd Saturday, Saturday, October 18th, as there is a Poultry Show at the Citrus County Fairgrounds Auditorium on our usual swap date on Saturday, October 25th.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!!! I am looking for someone that lives in the Port at lucie Fl area and can help me. I am a third grade teacher looking for eggs and an incubator to hatch in my class. There is not a better way to teach science than to see it first hand. I will return everything back to you. I work at a title one school and we have no funds to this this great project on our own! Please and thank you!

Hi everyone!!! I am looking for someone that lives in the Port at lucie Fl area and can help me. I am a third grade teacher looking for eggs and an incubator to hatch in my class. There is not a better way to teach science than to see it first hand. I will return everything back to you. I work at a title one school and we have no funds to this this great project on our own! Please and thank you!
Do you get to the Tampa area at all? Last year I let 3 different classrooms borrow my Brinsea and also gave them some eggs to hatch in it.

I have family in Tampa so I can go there if needed without any problems would you be willing to let us borrow for our classroom?

Back
Top Bottom