FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi! West Palm Beach. EAST actually. I'm a secret BYC gal. Hi!
welcome-byc.gif
I guess you're not a secret anymore.
wink.png

:welcome   I guess you're not a secret anymore. ;)

Thanks! I know right. My coop is up and finally able to be housed by some beautiful ladies. I was thinking mixing ducks and chickens. Need to do some more research but honestly I need to figure out HOW TO USE THIS WEBSITE PROPERLY. Because I feel so lost on it! Totally not a blogger or threader or forumer type person! But will soon enough figure it out and post pics too!

Welcome Tyson! I'm glad you will be posting pics. You may have to wait until a certain # of posts. If your pictures will be from your own computer files, it is very easy to upload them. Piece of cake
smile.png

What area in PSL. We are in PSL as well, looking to add chickens. But clearly only certain areas are legally allowed to. Are you in a legal area or are you raising stealth chickens? LOL.

A Silkie, and I keep forgetting what the others are. In the pic where they're in the aviary (usually occupied by cockatiels), there's a second one like the lighter-colored one that I don't have a pic of.
Just wanted to say
welcome-byc.gif
photosmile.gif
The pictures from another of your posts look like you have a Silkie and a Buff Orpington and Red Sex-Link. It looks like they like the aviary. Good luck and have fun...

Last edited:
Does anyone have any silver penciled rocks (LF) nearby? From 18 shipped eggs, from two different folks, I ended up with four Roos and a single pullet. I'd like some more pullets or even just local eggs to hatch some more. My other option is having more eggs shipped, or bite the bullet and buy hatched chicks. But that gets pricy quick! I'm in North Central Florida (Dunnellon/Ocala) but I have contacts around the state, and could coordinate delivery or pick up. Just figured I'd reach out to the Florida folks before I dealt with across the country suppliers.

Thanks, Amy

Also a second request: Would anyone who has the homing pigeons in and around the Ocala area be willing to release them on Friday from my Grandmas house just off of St Rd 200 in Ocala in the early afternoon? We are having a reception after her memorial service and it would be neat to see them fly home.

We have had several instances upon the passing of loved ones over the years that included encounters with pigeons turning up at their homes, it seems we have a spiritual connection with them. I know many of the chicken people also have pigeons too, and it was worth a shot to ask. Didn't really want to hire one of those professional "dove release" people.

Also a second request: Would anyone who has the homing pigeons in and around the Ocala area be willing to release them on Friday from my Grandmas house just off of St Rd 200 in Ocala in the early afternoon? We are having a reception after her memorial service and it would be neat to see them fly home.

We have had several instances upon the passing of loved ones over the years that included encounters with pigeons turning up at their homes, it seems we have a spiritual connection with them. I know many of the chicken people also have pigeons too, and it was worth a shot to ask. Didn't really want to hire one of those professional "dove release" people.
Here are a couple of clubs of the American Racing Pigeon Organization that are the closest to Ocala I could find. There are a couple of fellows that comes to the Dunnellon Tractor Supply Farm Swap that sometimes bring pigeons for sale. I have asked them is they have participated in the racing club and I believe they said they have but I don't know their names, but they may be members of the racing pigeon clubs. Maybe if you contact the club secretaries they may be able to give a local members name and contact information. Just a thought. Good luck...

Club Name :
Club Code : AAA +
Club Secretary : LEESA GUIMOND
City : BROOKSVILLE
State : FL
Phone No. : 352-596-1363
Email Address :

Club Name :
Club Code : ASHLEY OAKS
Club Secretary : JOHN BOLOGA
City : SPRING HILL
State : FL
Phone No. : 352-777-1218
Email Address :

I am looking to split an order of Bantam chicks this May, ordered from Murray McMurray Hatchery.
The minimum order is 15 chicks and I am looking to keep 5, all females.
I am looking at 5 varieties all chosen for their looks and good egg laying (for Bantams
wink.png
)

RED PYLE GAME Bantam
RED FRIZZLE COCHIN BANTAM
GOLDEN LACED COCHIN Bantam
BUFF BRAHMA BANTAM
ARAUCANA/AMERICANA BANTAM

I would raise them till about 6 weeks until I could sex them. After that you would take the remaining 10.
Because I would be taking the "Pick of the Litter", hopefully one of each breed, I would be willing to give you a heck of deal on the remaining 10 chicks.

Please private message me if you are interested.
I live in Pasco County Florida.

Back
Top Bottom