FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Im new to all of this just finished making my chicken coop and now looking for some chickens. Im In Fort Pierce,Florida...anyone else close by?
welcome-byc.gif
Congratulations on your new coop. Just a suggestion, maybe there are some swap meets in your area. We have several swap meets here across the state in our area. Here are a couple over here. We started them a few years ago by asking the store and the mall manager if we could hold the swap meets in the parking lots. The other Tractor Supply Company stores in our area also have monthly swap meets. We usually get a nice variety of breeds of chickens for sale. Do you know what type and breeds you are looking for? Good luck and have fun...

Did you crochet that one in your avatar?
Yes, this was a gift for my mother, a 24-inch-diameter double pineapple doily. I snapped a pic of it on top of some black wool with the ray of sunlight coming into the window. Mom loves it. I have started working on a new filet crochet doily/centerpiece for her this year.

Maybe I should have put in the filet crochet tablecloth ... I have a pic of it.
It is technically too small to have been entered into the tablecloth category - hubby and I only need a small table. LOL I would have needed to wash the food stains out of it, then blocked it out to full size to enter it and I still haven't bought the blocking mats yet. There's always next year.

Yes, this was a gift for my mother, a 24-inch-diameter double pineapple doily. I snapped a pic of it on top of some black wool with the ray of sunlight coming into the window. Mom loves it. I have started working on a new filet crochet doily/centerpiece for her this year.

Maybe I should have put in the filet crochet tablecloth ... I have a pic of it.
It is technically too small to have been entered into the tablecloth category - hubby and I only need a small table. LOL I would have needed to wash the food stains out of it, then blocked it out to full size to enter it and I still haven't bought the blocking mats yet. There's always next year.
That is beautiful and takes real talent! I've tried but nothing like yours.
thumbsup.gif

Can any explain the process of applying for the limited poultry and egg permit?
I don't know the process as yet. Mostly I was told from others that you can't have roosters. Now I don't know if that means you can't have roosters in your layer pens but can have them in your breeding pens (of course) or that you can't have roosters period!. I am anxious to find out as well though as I will be overrun with eggs by next Oct. or Nov. and would like to be able to establish a customer base by then.

Can I post chicks for sale in this group? I don't ship eggs or chicks but have some chicks for sale for locals and serious buyers within a 1 hour radius of my location.

Can I post chicks for sale in this group? I don't ship eggs or chicks but have some chicks for sale for locals and serious buyers within a 1 hour radius of my location.

If there are any swap meets in your area, maybe try to sell them there. Some people brought chicks to our last swap and sold most of them.

Back
Top Bottom