FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
I personally don't know the particulars but there are places that require permits. Some require permits to raise birds for showing at shows and some for personal backyard flocks but there is usually a limit on the number of birds you can have as well as if you can have a male or not. Some areas will allow a male and some will not. It all depends on the area you live in and the regulations there.

I don't know the process as yet. Mostly I was told from others that you can't have roosters. Now I don't know if that means you can't have roosters in your layer pens but can have them in your breeding pens (of course) or that you can't have roosters period!. I am anxious to find out as well though as I will be overrun with eggs by next Oct. or Nov. and would like to be able to establish a customer base by then.

Here are 2 links to the limited license. The FAQ one should answer most of your questions. If not then give them a call.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/37551/848256/FDACS_-2000Rev.0614.pdf

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...Limited-Poultry-and-Egg-Farm-Operation-Permit

I am in Pinetta, Florida. Very close to Lake Park, Georgia
wee.gif

I currently have:

3 to 4 day old chicks (hatched from purchased eggs):

7 Dominique chicks, straight run only, for $7 each.

8 Sulmtaler/CLB mix, straight run only, $9 each. From the seller of these eggs - "The yellow chicks will be wheaten or barred wheaten. And the chipmunks chicks will be partridge or as the chicken calculator calls it black pattern gold duckwing or barred black pattern gold duckwing. Yours are F2's. Their parents the roosters are barred partridge and the hens are partridge. Grandparents are Wheaten Sulmtaler roosters and Legbar Hens." Edited from original post

1 Silkie mix (Black/Blue bearded with red comb and wattles, Silkie roo X Silkie mix hen)

In incubator, on day 11:

7 Sulmtaler (pure, not mixed), Wheaten line (if I remember correctly, but can get verification), (hopefully all will hatch), these will sell for $18 each/firm

Above chicks available for pick up or will meet within an hour drive in any direction.

Soon to be incubated:

12 Black Langshan bantams
8 Sulmtaler, Wheaten line
and.. a few more Silkie X Silkie mixes. My daughter has now mixed up which pen the eggs came from.

All of my chicks sell as straight run. I don't have any breeds that can be sexed at hatch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom