FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

My Legbar girls have finally started laying. First batch of the season is going in the bator today. If you're willing to wait I'll have some available soon.

What other chickens do you raise. I raise only Chocolate Orpingtons at this time. Have never gotten any other colors in Orpingtons. I have an Easter Egger hen, really small almost like a Bantum.

Yes hes gentle and his
Why are you re-homing him?
Is he gentle?
How old is he?

Yes he is gentle. Not much for being pet to much but he will allow some. We got him when we bought our girls. But we do not intend to breed our lorps. Just our EE. So he needs to go before he starts trying to do his thing. We got him on new years day so he is 4 months. Hes our first rooster so my ole lady doesnt want to put him in the pot. So i figured i would offer him to the flock

For those who have picked up chicks from post offices before, how do you look up a distribution center? We are expecting Muscovy ducklings from Country Hatchery and turkeys and a few replacement chicks from McMurray in the next few weeks, and I don't want to have a disaster like we did last time (We lost more than 2/3rds of our order). Our post office said that the distribution center for Archer and Gainesville is in Jacksonville now, but I can't find the number to call them to have them hold our babies for pick up.

For those who have picked up chicks from post offices before, how do you look up a distribution center? We are expecting Muscovy ducklings from Country Hatchery and turkeys and a few replacement chicks from McMurray in the next few weeks, and I don't want to have a disaster like we did last time (We lost more than 2/3rds of our order). Our post office said that the distribution center for Archer and Gainesville is in Jacksonville now, but I can't find the number to call them to have them hold our babies for pick up.
Call your local post office and explain the situation and ask them for the info. Be sure they know....next option, ask the hatchery to clarify the final destination of the distribution center for your area.

7 - 3 week old straight run only F2 Sulmtaler roo (crested bird) X crested Cream Legbar hen. Hens should lay light blue eggs. Please look up info on both breeds so you know what you are buying. $7 each, minimum purchase of 2, local pick up or will meet within 20 miles of Spring Hill/Brooksville FL area. PM if interested.

These are turning out to be exceptionally nicely marked/feathered chicks so far. Would make nice addition to any flock and nice eye candy. Some chicks are beginning to show their crests while others may be late bloomers and some not at all. That creamy white one might end up in my flock after all though.

Call your local post office and explain the situation and ask them for the info. Be sure they know....next option, ask the hatchery to clarify the final destination of the distribution center for your area.

I did, but for some reason they don't have that info or they don't want to tell that info for whatever reason. They didn't even know what I meant by distribution center at first, and I had to explain that. They said "somewhere in Jacksonville" and didn't clarify more than that. We don't have the most... competent people working in our local post office. I could try McMurray again, the last person I spoke to there was nice, but new and took over an hour just to refund and replace the chicks we lost, and when I asked her about the distribution center pick up, she said that I would have to find it and let them know. No one seems to know where the distribution center is.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom