FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hey fellow Floridians!
I'm in Pasco County, Zephyrhills
smile.png
Welcome! Many of us here scattered from all over the state. Have a chair and 'set a spell'.

Anyone ever buy from Heirloom Orpingtons in Brooksville FL?
Just saw this in the thread. I met Jonathan when I purchased some equipment from him and picked it up at his 'little' farm. He gave me a quick tour of the place while the equipment was being loaded and I was very impressed with his set up and the size of his orpingtons was amazing. He has quality birds and a lot of them. You will not be sorry if you purchase any of his stock. As in any breeder, can't tell what the chicks will grow out to look like, but I can attest that his parent birds are the best quality I have ever seen.

There's a chicken swap today at Tractor Supply in Brooksville. We're here with lots of chickens. There's one other couple here with chickens, too. So far there hasn't been one customer! They didn't advertise so no one knows about it.

Quote:
I've been there-quite a while ago. At that time they had a flock of chickens in a pen that was all roosters and one hen. I talked to the manager and got a look like "so what!". But I really loved the museum, and that unique Cracker type house. I always think about that house and think "who needs hallways?", LOL

There's a chicken swap today at Tractor Supply in Brooksville. We're here with lots of chickens. There's one other couple here with chickens, too. So far there hasn't been one customer! They didn't advertise so no one knows about it.

They never advertise and when I went before ( a few years ago) hardly anyone showed up. I went to the store manager at the Dunnellon TSC and asked if they would mind if we had a monthly swap in the parking lot off to the side as to not interfere with the store parking in front of the store. We advertised months in advance and had a wonderful turnout. In the beginning the store would hand out small flyer's to the customers. Now we have been doing the swaps monthly for around 5 years and now people just show up as they know the swap is always the 2nd Saturday Monthly. We used to have the swaps at my place but having the swaps at TSC I think is better. About 1½ years ago we started a second swap at the Crystal River Mall by where rural King is, on the 4th Saturday Monthly. Again I went to the mall manager and ask if we could have a farm swap in the parking lot area next to office Max where there is some shade. We have a lot of people come through and more and more vendors attending. The swaps have to be consistent. People will come if they know there will be a swap. Our next Dunnellon TSC farm swap will be Saturday June 13th and the Crystal River Mall and Rural King farm swap will be on Saturday June 27th.

They never advertise and when I went before ( a few years ago) hardly anyone showed up. I went to the store manager at the Dunnellon TSC and asked if they would mind if we had a monthly swap in the parking lot off to the side as to not interfere with the store parking in front of the store. We advertised months in advance and had a wonderful turnout. In the beginning the store would hand out small flyer's to the customers. Now we have been doing the swaps monthly for around 5 years and now people just show up as they know the swap is always the 2nd Saturday Monthly. We used to have the swaps at my place but having the swaps at TSC I think is better. About 1½ years ago we started a second swap at the Crystal River Mall by where rural King is, on the 4th Saturday Monthly. Again I went to the mall manager and ask if we could have a farm swap in the parking lot area next to office Max where there is some shade. We have a lot of people come through and more and more vendors attending. The swaps have to be consistent. People will come if they know there will be a swap. Our next Dunnellon TSC farm swap will be Saturday June 13th and the Crystal River Mall and Rural King farm swap will be on Saturday June 27th.

We have been to both of those and they have always been good. We also went to yours at your beautiful place. Our main problem is we work primarily on weekends and so are limited to what's going on when we have an occasional weekend off. Our next weekend off is July 4, so I'm sure there's nothing then, and after that our next weekend off is in August.

I'm retired (in 2009) so I kind of have every day off but not really. There is always something to do. Today I installed another auto waterer at the chick/grow-out coop. I divided the coop and pen and there was one waterer on one side so I put one on the other side so now they will always have water on both sides in that coop and pens. It didn't take the chicks on the side that didn't have a waterer to discover it. I had a 5 gal. galvanized waterer in that pen.

Back
Top Bottom