FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

They will grow pretty fast. many times I have moved my chicks after a week in their brooder to the grow-out coop.

Hey there! Just moved to Lutz, Fl. I'm originally from Idaho.. and had chickens there, but I'm doing ducks this time around. I have 2 cayugas, 4 golden 300, 3 white layer, and 1 jumbo Pekin on the way. CANNOT WAIT.we have 5 acres with a 2 acre pond on it. I'm sure these little duckies will have a blast.

Last edited:
Hey there! Just moved to Lutz, Fl. I'm originally from Idaho.. and had chickens there, but I'm doing ducks this time around. I have 2 cayugas, 4 golden 300, 3 white layer, and 1 jumbo Pekin on the way. CANNOT WAIT.we have 5 acres with a 2 acre pond on it. I'm sure these little duckies will have a blast.
welcome-byc.gif

Hi @MrsPlopPlop welcome to BYC! When you get your ducks, it would be fun to see a picture of them.

hey everyone is there anyone in the orlando or central florida area that would like my 5 baby chicks? I just found out a few days after i got them that i was pregnant because their smell started to revolt me. i took a test and it came out positive. Now I simply cannot stand their smell. unfortunately I don't have a backyard. I was raising the baby chicks until they were older and could be in my parents backyard but my parents do not have the ability to raise babies right now. Please if anyone is willing to take them id appreciate it. they will come with an entire back of chicken grower and two bags of pine shavings. I am totally bummed. I didn't get pregnant for two years straight and ihad to get pregnant now and be this sick. Please let me know if anyone can take them.

chickinflo - I'm surprised nobody has jumped in to take your chicks. What kind are they? Where did they come from? How old do they have to be before they can move to your parents' back yard?

I used a huge appliance box I got from Sears as a brooder. I put a folded tarp underneath and left the bottom open, using pine pellets as bedding. I kept them in a spare bedroom until they went outside.

Here's my question for the group. I need bedding for a SINGLE nest box(3 hens only, and just one of them is laying right now). i don't have a place to store the leftovers of a bale of hay ($7 for a square bale last I bought one). It just goes to waste or mildews before I can use it. My hen won't use the nest box now because the hay I tried to salvage was kind of mildewy. Any thoughts? I need to pinch pennies! Also, how often do you change the bedding in your nest boxes? :yiipchick

Back
Top Bottom