FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I learned the hard way and had a lot of failures but didn't give up. In my opinion if anyone can hatch in a LG they can hatch in anything. Now I use my styrofoam incubators as hatchers. Several years ago I bought a cabinet incubator. Now I incubate in the cabinet but hatch in the styrofoams. I started out by borrowing a friends styrofoam then bought one. The fever hit and then I bought another styrofoam then another and so on and finally bought a cabinet. I do staggered hatches. It makes me feel good when I can help others. Good luck and have fun... Incubating Pheasant eggs and some chicken eggs here. Here just chicken eggs I hatch in the styrofoams. This way I can separate and keep track of whose eggs I'm hatching.
Thats amazing , i to borrowed a neighbors Styrofoam one then i just bought one lol but im still using neighbors one for a hatcher and im about to get a cabinet one :D .....dang chicken math :lau

I learned the hard way and had a lot of failures but didn't give up. In my opinion if anyone can hatch in a LG they can hatch in anything. Now I use my styrofoam incubators as hatchers. Several years ago I bought a cabinet incubator. Now I incubate in the cabinet but hatch in the styrofoams. I started out by borrowing a friends styrofoam then bought one. The fever hit and then I bought another styrofoam then another and so on and finally bought a cabinet. I do staggered hatches. It makes me feel good when I can help others. Good luck and have fun...
Incubating Pheasant eggs and some chicken eggs here.

Here just chicken eggs

I hatch in the styrofoams. This way I can separate and keep track of whose eggs I'm hatching.
I have that same grouper poster ... got the snapper and croaker posters hanging in my hallway as well! hahahaha

CMOM, if helping makes you feel good, they you should be giddy. You are one of many on here that is ALWAYS helpful and never condescending. It's really appreciated.

Those posters are required decorations in FL aren't they? lol

Quote:
My is old and we did take out the wafer thermostat and replace it with a electronic one. I put the wafer in a home made styrofoam hatcher and it works great.

This was before I modified and was using a dimmer switch.

I use two 15 watt bulbs for the heat in case one burns out and they keep it nicely to temperature. I also put an AC wisper fan in and it circulates the air nicely. The best part is it didn't cost me anything to make. I had everything I needed.

Some of the pheasant chicks.

Last edited:

Our 5 black tail whites. Alibaba,Lowrider,Cleopatra, Thing 1 and Thing 2. I'll find better pictures

My RSL are named Thing One and Thing two :gig

My is old and we did take out the wafer thermostat and replace it with a electronic one. I put the wafer in a home made styrofoam hatcher and it works great. This was before I modified and was using a dimmer switch. I use two 15 watt bulbs for the heat in case one burns out and they keep it nicely to temperature. I also put an AC wisper fan in and it circulates the air nicely. The best part is it didn't cost me anything to make. I had everything I needed. Some of the pheasant chicks.
Thats freaking cool, i thought about making one i think it would be awesome but i dont think im capable of making one that works lol , they are so cute , i think pheasents are so pretty

Back
Top Bottom