FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Relax, I'm sure they are ok. They will have to get used to it eventually. We are going into the dry part of the season but before you know it the summer rains will start with the thunder and lightening.

Thank you I was nervous their first night out in the little chick coop too, before we built the big one. Best part is it seems like the storm blew around us! Woo-hoo. I'll update tomorrow and see how they (OK I ) made it through the night lol

I am thinking about locking my roosters up 24/7. There is no peace with the three of them but I need them. Can they be locked up together or do they have to be locked up separately? Will they just worry themselves sick all day if they aren't with the hens?

Everyone did fine last night in the big chicken coop
1f602.png

@love laugh farm thanks ,it is very adorable to watch her walk in her little booties lol , she is walking so good now but its still entertaining lol she waddles ,then her feet look like little wind up toy feet but shes getting around before the booties she couldn't even stand

I used a cardboard cutout of little chickie feet, then i used butterfly bandage strips to hold his toes in place then i placed a bandaid around the whole thing to help keep his feet flat on the cutout
No way. I would say you have gone above and beyond! Ouchless bandaids? You should take pictures and post them. Other people may need your help in this.

I am thinking about locking my roosters up 24/7. There is no peace with the three of them but I need them. Can they be locked up together or do they have to be locked up separately? Will they just worry themselves sick all day if they aren't with the hens?
I had three silkie mix roosters and I rotated them. Even though they were so sweet, it became apparent they could not be locked up together. I do not know if they worried about anything. I had an extremely large Rhode Island Red named Leonardo who I eventually had to keep in his coop/run because he would attack my husband. And anyone else that came around. I could only let him out to roam when I was home alone with him.

Back
Top Bottom