FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Thank you I was nervous their first night out in the little chick coop too, before we built the big one. Best part is it seems like the storm blew around us! Woo-hoo. I'll update tomorrow and see how they (OK I ) made it through the night lol
I got up three nights in at row at 2:00 a.m. - storms - because my chickens preferred to perch in the outside pen/run - I did not have a roof on it yet - and I would gather them up and put them in the enclosed coop. Put one in, it would run out, put another one in, it would run out . . . at 2:00 a.m. I got that roof on! : )

I put most of my roosters up in a smaller cage inside my walk in coop. I could not take the fighting and the way they would go after the hens. I kept two roosters out, but the hens were still upset. I picked the best rooster to keep out with the hens and now the girls are happy. I'm trying to sell the rest of the rooster, now.

Well cmom I just read the post and I am blown away by the knowledge it contains! I am very glad I did not bring a pheasant home from the South Florida Fair! I will have to wait for the 40 acre farm and build the appropriate flight pen and separate coop area. It is something else to look forward to!
smile.png

I put most of my roosters up in a smaller cage inside my walk in coop. I could not take the fighting and the way they would go after the hens. I kept two roosters out, but the hens were still upset. I picked the best rooster to keep out with the hens and now the girls are happy. I'm trying to sell the rest of the rooster, now.
That is one reason why I am on the fence about letting my hens brood. How many roosters am I going to end up with? There really isn't much of a market for rooster pets.

@Wyandotte Blue

Shes able to walk which is a improvement from before the booties but under the bandaid are butterfly stripes that hold her toes to the cardboard chickie cutout , when i peaked at her toes a little bit ago her toes are still in place so finger crossed it works:)

@Wyandotte Blue

Shes able to walk which is a improvement from before the booties but under the bandaid are butterfly stripes that hold her toes to the cardboard chickie cutout , when i peaked at her toes a little bit ago her toes are still in place so finger crossed it works:)
Oh my gosh that is the cutest chick I have ever seen! Have you named her? I call all my babies "Peanut" until they get a personality.

Quote:
When you mix several males in with several females there is going to be a lot of bickering. When I hatch, when the males are around 4 months old they go into bachelor pens and coops and as long as there are no females in there they have much fewer squabbles. I sell what I can and the rest go into the freezer here. We are farmers we eat what we grow even some of the birds.

Back
Top Bottom