FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Thank you! I appreciate that. A bit far for me however, chickens are worth it right? I'm looking for silver laced wyandotte pullets. I'm just in love with their look! If anyone in central florida comes across some near orlando and north, lemme know! Maybe I'll see y'all this weekend!
Are you looking for bantams or large fowl?

My next two on my wishlist are 2 silver laced wyandottes and two cochins or two of the polish crested. I love the laced look. I'm pretty new to keeping so my wish list is small. I think I'd prefer the wyandottes to start since they're similar in size to my flock.

My hen will not voluntarily come off nest. No eggs under her. After two days of anguish I am feeding her by hand and giving her water. Broody is good but with no eggs there should I pick her up and out of the box? I do not want her to become permanently a non-brooder but I can't personally go on like this!:(

My hen will not voluntarily come off nest. No eggs under her. After two days of anguish I am feeding her by hand and giving her water. Broody is good but with no eggs there should I pick her up and out of the box? I do not want her to become permanently a non-brooder but I can't personally go on like this!
sad.png

You could try

I had no luck breaking any of mine that went broody.

I just give em eggs to hatch and grin at the new chicks

When my mothers buff orp went broody, she just had to keep pushing her out of the nesting box. Took a couple weeks, but she broker her eventually. Is there anything else you could do?

Quote:
No. There are some breeds that tend to be more broody such as Silkies and my Orpingtons tended to be more broody. Most any breed can have a hen/pullet go broody especially in the spring when most wild birds do brood and raise their young. Most of the time they will eventually stop. In the past I put my broody's in a wire cage and after a few days when I put them back into the flock most weren't broody any more but now I just take them out of the nest boxes and once in awhile I will let one brood.

Back
Top Bottom