FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
I recently moved birds around to different coops to make room for my younger birds. I do put golf balls in the nest boxed and it does help. Every once ion awhile I find an egg either on the ground or on the floor of a coop. Sometimes more than one bird will get into one nest box and often times I will find most of the eggs in a few nest boxes. Good luck and have fun...

Just curious, do you know what line they are from?

I honestly actually don't, but I could ask her. Though, let's say they were just normal BPR's without a distinct line, what would be a good price then?

We've already made arrangements to get them later today regardless, so I guess I'm either getting a good deal or I'm not, lol.

Quote:
Maybe ask her if she knows out of curiosity. If she says Good Shepherd, they are pure. I guess I like to know these things when I purchase birds, but I show my birds at poultry shows. I work hard at my breeding's. I'm sure there are many other good breeders of BPR.

Maybe ask her if she knows out of curiosity. If she says Good Shepherd, they are pure. I guess I like to know these things when I purchase birds, but I show my birds at poultry shows. I work hard at my breeding's. I'm sure there are many other good breeders of BPR.
I'll definitely ask her and let you know what she says. I didn't even know there were different lines of BPR's until late last night, lol. The main purpose of getting this small flock is for egg production and some light breeding, but I don't currently know enough to breed for show.

Quote:
Originally my birds were for eggs only but I knew some people who did show their birds so I went to a show as an observer. I was really impressed with most of the birds I saw at the show. The following year I decided I would enter a couple of birds just to see how they would stack up among the others that show their birds. I did ok but not great. As the years have gone by I have paid more and better attention to my breeding and my birds have gotten better and better until I finally won some champions. I'm not suggesting for you to show your birds as that wasn't my plan originally either. I have met many wonderful people who are really into breeding and having nice show quality birds, and now I do enjoy seeing the other birds people are showing. Good luck and have fun...

Wow, this thread really moves along. And I never get updates for this one, so it's easy to lose track. I'll eventutally dig my way back to where I left off and then catch up.

While at the local RuraK I saw that they had a fresh bunch of chicks in, including multiple bantams. Frizzles, brahmas, and what really caught my eye bantam ameraucanas(ee's I know), in what appeared to be various shades of blue. Time to raise more chicks!
They also still had some standard speckled sussex, but I just love bantams so much.
My spangled oegbs are really enjoying their grow out pen, and a bit of free time in/under the shrubbery.
And on that note... Does anyone in the central FL area want a spangled oegb cockerel? My chicks were straight run and I have 3 extra. Not even the three of them together would make a decent pot of soup. Will be posting them on the Orlando craigslist this week.

I recently moved birds around to different coops to make room for my younger birds. I do put golf balls in the nest boxed and it does help. Every once ion awhile I find an egg either on the ground or on the floor of a coop. Sometimes more than one bird will get into one nest box and often times I will find most of the eggs in a few nest boxes. Good luck and have fun...
Today they all changed nest boxes again. "O" well!!!!

Back
Top Bottom