FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Can someone tell me what breed? School teacher emailed me they are looking for a home for this rooster.

Our friend is getting 5 eggs a day from 40 hens so I'm guessing heat is a factor. I did get two eggs yesterday from my EE but none today. Who knows. I give them cold watermelon and veggies they like but they gobble it up so quickly it can only cool them down for a minute. Their coop temp has been 98 all day with a fan, air vents and big window so I'd have been surprised if I did get an egg.
I feel bad for the animals that have to stay outside being so hot. I'm wondering, if I should make a kiddie pool for them. I don't know if they would use it.

She is pretty. I have blue, green, light brown and dark brown eggs. I love to see color on the egg shells!
my two EEs I had to rehome a few weeks ago were gorgeous but turned out they loved to crow
1f615.png
I was so upset to rehome all 4 of my EEs but knowing my mix is an EE is so eggciting!
1f609.png
[/QUOTE]
That is so sad about EEs. I know, I had a hard time saying good bye to a couple of my chickens.

Oh and the kiddy pool idea I got from here is a wonder! They either stand in it where the rocks are piled up so they just get their feet wet or I give them a pick up and dunk them in and wet their..underarms? Do we call it that? Under wings....whatever. Lucy, one of the R.I.R,s love that. And the scratching in the puddles...like watching kids play in the mud.
Good idea about putting rocks in the pool. I never thought of that. It would make them like to go in more. My chickens love to stand on the concrete blocks, I have in their walk-in coop. I need to look in to getting a small pool for them.

When I bathe my birds just prior to a show, they really seem to enjoy being in the water. Once in awhile one will not be so happy to get a bath but usually will settle down.
How deep do you put them in the water? I didn't know if it should only be to the top of their legs or higher. I wonder, if mine would like it?

Quote: The tubs are about 2/3rds full of water. The first tub has silver brightening shampoo in the water and I wash the white birds first, the 2nd tub has a cup of vinegar in the water, and the 3rd tub is plain water.
The birds are in the background drying off.

Back
Top Bottom