FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I kind of like your first greeting better. Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
With the heat as it has been lately it does sort of feel that way.
th.gif

Thanks for the warm... uh, (no pun intended) welcome! Lol it has been terribly hot here. 106 in the shade on the back porch. We unfortunately expended or first loss yesterday from the heat. Summer changes have been made

Experienced. Not expended. I sware, this phone is gonna get me in trouble! lol
We all suffer from the same malady. I usually can figure out what people mean but I have sent some crazy messages. Very hot here in North Florida too. I am sorry you lost your chicken. What kind was she?

Hello again everybody. I have come back with some pictures of them. I searched the "What Breed Is This" thread, but it said that the chicken has to be purebred and mine are definitely mutts. They woke up my mom at 5am this morning as they were crowing, so right now they are still sleeping in a dog crate in my room. She said that if they keep this up I am going to have to rehome them. Why do roosters have to be so loud? Ugh.

This is Muffin:

And this is Cupcake:

(Sorry for the state of the grass, they were in the one area that it doesn't want to grow.
hmm.png
)

You can tell Muffin is my baby boy as he sits so pretty for me, but Cupcake is not amused by me and wants nothing to do with it. Sadly, it's Muffin who crows. I have not seen Cupcake do it, but with those tail feathers I know he will soon. Their crows aren't that bad, it's soft and is usually covered up by the sound of other birds chirping. It's much more pleasant than a dog barking, that's for sure.

Like I said before, if anyone is looking for two sweet, gentle, beautiful roosters who can promise me that they will not be eaten or used for bobcat traps, I will be willing to part for them. They follow me around the yard, help me weed, and cuddle up against me and fall asleep. I could not ask for better chickens, even if they are roosters.

Hello again everybody. I have come back with some pictures of them. I searched the "What Breed Is This" thread, but it said that the chicken has to be purebred and mine are definitely mutts. They woke up my mom at 5am this morning as they were crowing, so right now they are still sleeping in a dog crate in my room. She said that if they keep this up I am going to have to rehome them. Why do roosters have to be so loud? Ugh.

This is Muffin:

Somewhat similar. I have been told this looks like an EE roo.

I'm nearly 100% positive that those two are red sexlink cockerels.
Assuming I'm correct, and I'm sorry to say, those guys are going to end up being a good 8-9lb roosters that will become very loud.
If your mother isn't happy with one young cockerels crow now, she will be really upset when they both crow as mature birds.

Do you think that you could rehome them on craigslist and find yourself a pair of little pullets...

I'm nearly 100% positive that those two are red sexlink cockerels.
Assuming I'm correct, and I'm sorry to say, those guys are going to end up being a good 8-9lb roosters that will become very loud.
If your mother isn't happy with one young cockerels crow now, she will be really upset when they both crow as mature birds.

Do you think that you could rehome them on craigslist and find yourself a pair of little pullets...
I think I'm going to be done with chickens after this. It's just too stressful and heartbreaking. I'm afraid to use craigslist because roosters are never wanted, and they usually turn into bobcat/coyote traps down here. I would rather die before letting anyone do that to my rooster.

If they are going to get that big, I guess I am just going to take them to the vet and have them put down. It would be better for them than being ripped to shreds, and I can make sure no one will disrespect them by eating them.

It's so weird to think about because they're my little babies, I love them and want them to be happy. I cuddle them and give them baths and blow dry them, and they seem to enjoy my company as much as I enjoy theirs. If I lived a couple of blocks east I could keep them, but instead I live here. What a sad reality.

Back
Top Bottom