FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hey everyone. I just wanted to join the Florida thread. Just saying Hi from Osteen, FL. Volusia County!
welcome-byc.gif
and the Florida thread.

A friendly reminder of our area swap meets. Hope to see some of you there... Saturday is the Crystal River Mall Rural King Farm Swap. We hold the swap in the parking lot across from Rural King next to Office Max and the main mall entrance on Hwy 19. There is some shade but we do suggest that vendors bring either a canopy or umbrella. No fees, everyone is welcome.

Last edited:
Hello Floridians!
My 88 year old father lives in Lutz and we were in Sunny Florida in June to visit him. My sisters and I had a wonderful visit and enjoyed the fishing in the Keys, particularly Islamorada....never saw so many iguana in one location! Had a peacock that would stroll each morning by the house.
Anyway, Dad sent me home with some cuttings and plant starts from his stroll garden for my tropical collection. I need a little help naming a few of them. Any help would be appreciated!

This one I don't have an example of the grown plant...these are 8 inches high so far, but the parent plant was 24 inches high and grows in dappled shade. not in bloom in June. The stem is rather fleshy like a geranium.

Pretty sure these are the vines...devil's ivy (giant form!) and the Split leave Philodendron Monstera deliciosa

This plant was growing in part to full sun and the "pups" are from a "bulb" from each flower...I think it is White Crinum asiaticum...

Have no idea what these little woody plants are...might be trees seedlings, but they did transplant well and are now putting out new leaves. The root was a long single root with no feeder roots. The plants are about a foot tall now and the roots were about 8 inches. The leaves are slick and ovate about 1 -1.5 inches. Dad thought they might have pink flowers.

This cactus was in bloom and was dropping sections on the ground...The mother plant was 8 feet tall with a smooth trunk that was 6 inches in diameter and the flowers were orange. It was growing in the part shade of the canopy in the garden.

I was able to purchase seed to the Royal Poinciana tree on line...both the orange and the yellow. Dad's trees were gorgeous.

Hello Floridians!
My 88 year old father lives in Lutz and we were in Sunny Florida in June to visit him. My sisters and I had a wonderful visit and enjoyed the fishing in the Keys, particularly Islamorada....never saw so many iguana in one location! Had a peacock that would stroll each morning by the house.
Anyway, Dad sent me home with some cuttings and plant starts from his stroll garden for my tropical collection. I need a little help naming a few of them. Any help would be appreciated!

This one I don't have an example of the grown plant...these are 8 inches high so far, but the parent plant was 24 inches high and grows in dappled shade. not in bloom in June. The stem is rather fleshy like a geranium.

Pretty sure these are the vines...devil's ivy (giant form!) and the Split leave Philodendron Monstera deliciosa

This plant was growing in part to full sun and the "pups" are from a "bulb" from each flower...I think it is White Crinum asiaticum...

Have no idea what these little woody plants are...might be trees seedlings, but they did transplant well and are now putting out new leaves. The root was a long single root with no feeder roots. The plants are about a foot tall now and the roots were about 8 inches. The leaves are slick and ovate about 1 -1.5 inches. Dad thought they might have pink flowers.

This cactus was in bloom and was dropping sections on the ground...The mother plant was 8 feet tall with a smooth trunk that was 6 inches in diameter and the flowers were orange. It was growing in the part shade of the canopy in the garden.

I was able to purchase seed to the Royal Poinciana tree on line...both the orange and the yellow. Dad's trees were gorgeous.

You have a lot of nice plants and trees there. I hope they will grow in your state. You might be able to look on line to fine out the names. Good luck

Hi Everyone!
I'm selling three roosters and wonder if anyone close by wanted one? I have 2 Cuckoo Marans and 1 Easter Egger.
The roosters are friendly and they all crow. They are 9 months old and love to be with the hens. I live close to Ocala and Gainesville. No mail orders. Each Rooster is $10.00.

Back
Top Bottom