FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hard to say for sure from the pic, but I think it may be dry fowl pox. There is also a wet pox. Check the inside of the mouth. With both types of pox, I up the protein, fruits, veggies, soak bread and crumbles in milk. Vitamins in water. If wet pox in the mouth they cannot eat enough unless you make it easy for them. Most of those are lost to starvation or secondary infection because their immune system is overtaxed. I think you can have wet and dry at the same time also. Someone else may know for sure. 

Neosporin without pain reliever or other antiseptic ointments help the comb. I have personally started using raw unfiltered honey on BooBoos. It is a natural antibiotic and anti-inflamitory. Other than that it just has to run its course now.

Good luck with her

Thank you for your help! I've noticed a few bumps on the other hens also just not as bad as hers. They all seem to be eating like normal I let them out of the coop to graze in the yard and they all seem normal and eating well. I will try the honey!

Thank you for your help! I've noticed a few bumps on the other hens also just not as bad as hers. They all seem to be eating like normal I let them out of the coop to graze in the yard and they all seem normal and eating well. I will try the honey!

yes and check the mouth one in a while just to make sure about the wet pox. I have not had it this year. 2 years ago I did have a run of it, did not loose any but it sure worked me half to death taking care of them so they could eat what they needed

We have a show coming up this Saturday. You may be able to find the breeds you're looking for and/or touch base with some breeders.

Central Florida Poultry Breeders Association Show, Inverness, FL.
Citrus Classic
Saturday October 22, 2016
9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
Citrus County Fairgrounds arena
3600 South Florida Ave.
Inverness, Florida
---> MAP
(U.S. Highway 41 South - 1.5 miles south of the intersection of U.S. highways 44 & 41)

Last edited:
Who's gonna be there this weekend?
smile.png
were thinking of scoping out some breeders for spring babies
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom