FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Next Saturday (July 8th 2017) will be our monthly Dunnellon Tractor Supply Company Farm Swap. I will be bringing some young Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites. They are excellent layers of of nice large brown eggs. These are still quite young, about 3 months old. I will have both males and females if anyone is interested in breeding.
2015-08-06 18.46.12.jpg
2015-08-09 18.56.22Rev.jpg
CRMTSC.jpg

Oh boy. My older girls are 2 RRI, 2 PBR, 1 araucana. The new girls are 2 Delaware, 2 araucana, 1 brown leghorn, 1 wellsummer, 4 golden laced Wyandotte, 1 orange sexlink. The older ones free range all day and I put them up at night. The new ones are still in the brooder in the yard. A couple have gotten out while changing the water and food and the older ones didn't want any part of that. It was just a couple feathers plucked but it makes me nervous for later.
I have been told if they have room and somewhere to hide/get away it will all be ok. I do not have that kind of room, hence 5 birds in one area and one bird in another area - they tried to kill Peep when I was getting ready for Matthew, I thought oh come on they will get along - NO WAY - I had to carry her around with me to get her back to "normal" then brought chickens in side in cat carriers. Peep will never go back with the rest of the flock.
Anybody in Florida have Cotton Patch geese? My female passed away this spring and we are trying to locate a companion for one lonely male. I have located some out of state breeders who have waiting lists for hatchlings through 2018 and beyond! I don't necessarily need a gosling....would be happy with an older animal, male or female, to be a companion for this lonely guy.
Will any other type of bird work at all??? That is so sad! Is there a goose part to backyard chickens where you can post your need?

I'm in Middleburg fl and I am looking for some where to rehome 3 of my roosters if anyone knows anyone or any places. Please and thank you

I'm in Middleburg fl and I am looking for some where to rehome 3 of my roosters if anyone knows anyone or any places. Please and thank you
:welcome and the Florida thread.Maybe there is a swap somewhere near you where you could sell them. That's what I do with mine and it helps with the feed bill.

Next Saturday (July 8th 2017) will be our monthly Dunnellon Tractor Supply Company Farm Swap. I will be bringing some young Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites. They are excellent layers of of nice large brown eggs. These are still quite young, about 3 months old. I will have both males and females if anyone is interested in breeding.
View attachment 1062347 View attachment 1062348 View attachment 1062349
We go to both TSC Swaps! 441 Ocala and Dunellon. Planning to bring some swine and a big bunch of birdies very soon. Will be first time sellers then. We usually just look or purchase then shop in the store.
The cracked corn is just over 7 bucks right now!!!

Currently I have some RC RIW pullets and cockerels around 3 months old and White Leghorn Cockerels a little under 2 months (trying to crow :lau). Next weekend I'm going across the state to sell some. I will hang onto some if anyone is interested in breeding and raising Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites. They are fairly rare.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/RCRIW/

I am in Largo, Fl and I am looking for someone who breeds both olive eggers and cukoo maran and will possibly have pullets or hens around September or October.

I am in Largo, Fl and I am looking for someone who breeds both olive eggers and cukoo maran and will possibly have pullets or hens around September or October.
The 3rd Saturday in October there is a poultry show at the Citrus County Fairgrounds Arena, Inverness, FL. There will be breeders there from around the state and the country. When I decided I wanted to raise pure heritage breeds, I went to shows. At one show I saw some birds that I really liked and sought out the exhibitor/owner of the bird and made arrangements to get some birds at another upcoming show.

Back
Top Bottom