FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

What should I do with my chickens during hurricane Irma? We were thinking about bringing them into the garage. They live in a open coop outside I have 5 girls and 1 boy View attachment 1129785
This is their coop
Inside for protection from wind and rain. Praying for you all the best through it .

My birds are going to have to ride the storm out in their coops. I have around 200 birds right now. Thankfully awhile back I sold quite a few. I still have to go and secure the windward vents on the coops. Our barn is an open barn and we spent the past couple of days pretty much emptying it out because the wind would surely clean it out for us.

My birds are going to have to ride the storm out in their coops. I have around 200 birds right now. Thankfully awhile back I sold quite a few. I still have to go and secure the windward vents on the coops. Our barn is an open barn and we spent the past couple of days pretty much emptying it out because the wind would surely clean it out for us.
I am right in the path of Irma. I have open coops. I am thinking about letting them out in the morning (Irma hits at 0800) and letting them run to the woods. Heavy woods with lots of underbrush. I have visions of them being thrown all over the coop and adding any protection will only make the coop go airborne. Any thoughts?

I am far enough from the coast that it isn't a factor, thank God. My chickens hang out in these woods all the time, very familiar territory for them. In the woods are giant downed trees from previous storms, nooks and crannies, I just think it might be the right option. Wild birds and creatures make it. I am worried that trapped in the coop they would be flung about.

Back
Top Bottom