FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Winter ventilation in the coop? I had put a one foot strip of hardware cloth around the top of the coop as it is hot in the summer. Should I cover some of it during the coldest parts of winter? They are Speckled Sussex and Barred Rock (both cold hardy according to the webs).
These are my coops. I leave them open. No problems.
Coyotes.
DSCF000199 03.jpg
DSCF000278 05.jpg

Just a reminder, our next swap is this coming Saturday Oct., 24th. We will have: chickens, turkeys, goats, call ducks, Quail, rabbits and so much more.
View attachment 2379603
Hi, I had sent some questions about the Swap but didn't receive a reply. I asked if the prices were good -I'm traveling an hour each way with a lot of chickens- and if the roosters mainly sold to meat buyers. What time is "arrive early"? I know I can't make this next Swap as I will be on retreat but after that my cockerels will be pretty big by then.

There are some buyers that buy birds to resell. One of the buyers comes across the state from Volusia county (around 2 hrs. one way). It's first come first serve as far as spots go. Some people buy to eat and others to add to their flocks. Most people come around 7 to 8am. When you come stop and say hi. I'll have a TSC hat on.

Hi,
For the most part the bagger picks up 3-5 inch grass clippings. I like them because they are shorter and not a tangled mess to walk through. It's amazing to watch the girls go nuts over yard salad. They seem to enjoy it when it's fresh cut and still green with moisture in it over dried grass clippings. I tried giving them longer weed eater stuff and they didn't eat that as well as the smaller clippings.
Wells

Sounds perfect, thanks! I always have way too much grass, haha, and that seems like a fun way to use it!

I have a lawn tractor I have a bagger for. I collect the grass clipping and put some in each of the pens. We also have a yard vac. Those clipping usually go into the compost. The birds love to scratch through the clippings. When the grass stops growing I usually give them some alfalfa. They pick the little green leaves off of the stems.

There is fellow in Anthony Florida (just north of Ocala) that raises both gold and silver Sebrights. Blackburns Quality Bantams, Wayne Blackburn. He may be listed in the "Poultry Press". My phone was destroyed so I lost all of my contacts.

Just a hello as I am new here. I live in Duval county (Jacksonville) on the very NW side. I'm here ready to learn and assist if I can. I got the bug and now love my birds. Always looking for more and always creative things that come with the hobby (obsession). Anyone close feel free to get in contact if you like. I always like to meet or hear from those who share interests. Look forward to jumping right in! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom