FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Beautiful Bantam Easter Egger roo needs a new home​

Location: Gainesville, FL (will drive within 5 hours to deliver)
Roosters name: Neville
Breed: Bantam Easter Egger
Weight: 3 pounds
Size: Bantam

About rooster: Neville is a very sweet rooster who takes good care of his Bantam Easter Egger hens. My dear SIL is very sensitive to light and sound and has decided the rooster must go (he works nights from his home office + can't stand the normal crowing).

Neville likely would do best in a home with only hens, ideally Bantams but he is tall and big (much bigger than the Bantam EE hens) as you can see in the pix, so maybe he could live with normal-sized hens. He, ahem, likes the ladies (but doesn't like competition). ;)

When Neville was a young rooster, out of a Crackle Hatchery order of 30 chicks 20 were roosters :0, other roosters were always being mean to him. The other roosters were also mean to the hens and each other. Neville would jump into my arms to escape other roosters.

Unlike the other roosters, Neville lets the hens eat first and keeps watch over them, jumping up on the roost to keep a lookout, and crowing at the first sign of a hawk in the sky or a strange, potential predator, noise.

He is a beautiful little boy who looks a lot like an owl and will eat greens out of your hand.

He has been raised with organic food, classical music, living with a small flock of ten or fewer chickens (2 crossbeaks have lived nearby, though one was recently killed, and his own flock of hens). I will drive him to you. Prefer a home that doesn't kill or eat roosters.

We are by the prairie in Gainesville, FL, and I will drive him to you, at no cost, for a good home! #chickenlove 🐔❤️
UPDATE: Neville found a perfect home on a lake in Florida in the country with five hens to love and ducks nearby and will be able to free-range a few times weekly.

73 Florida Man Meme ideas in 2021 | florida man meme, florida, funny memes

Hello everyone. I clicked on "Jump to New" and read the post about Neville that instantly gave me hope!! I would have like to have joined this community under different circumstances, but as it is, I have a small flock of 4 hens, Rhode Island Reds, that I need to find a home for. They're been my pets since May of last year (they were 7 weeks old when I got them).
My parents have decided to list their home, and I won't be able to take my little hens with me.
They're very well behaved - as far as chickens go - so it's not a behavioral issue, if I had the means to take them with me, I 100% would. I posted pictures and details on this thread, and I appreciate any help: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/4-hens-need-a-good-home-sw-florida.1481626/

Attachments

• IMG_20210218_091909503.jpg
    IMG_20210218_091909503.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. I clicked on "Jump to New" and read the post about Neville that instantly gave me hope!! I would have like to have joined this community under different circumstances, but as it is, I have a small flock of 4 hens, Rhode Island Reds, that I need to find a home for. They're been my pets since May of last year (they were 7 weeks old when I got them).
My parents have decided to list their home, and I won't be able to take my little hens with me.
They're very well behaved - as far as chickens go - so it's not a behavioral issue, if I had the means to take them with me, I 100% would. I posted pictures and details on this thread, and I appreciate any help: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/4-hens-need-a-good-home-sw-florida.1481626/
Update: My girls have found a new home! Although not through BYC, I really appreciate this forum where Floridians can connect. I hope to rejoin the BYC community in the future.

Hi all - new to BYC. Live in Venice, which is coastal South Florida. We are just starting to keep 4 hens. Need to figure out the best way to handle a partially covered run. It sits under a big oak tree, so it is going to get wet from the rain. The area that the coop sits in doesn't flood and will drain well.

Any suggestions on whether or not to use litter in the run? Looking to soak up all the great advice from those that have come before. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom