FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello, I’m located in Jacksonville, Florida. I have a white crested duck that needs rehoming, she was born May 9, 2021. Her name is Pouf and she has some slight angel wing. She used to be pretty quiet, but has been so loud since two of her flock were killed. I lock them in their house at night and every morning she quacks loudly at about 7 am and randomly throughout the day. My husband and I don’t mind the loudness, but we get so stressed thinking our neighbors will complain or call the cops and that we will have to get rid of all of them. She has been laying an egg pretty much every day for over a month now. I’d like her to go to a home that will NOT eat her and will be willing to give her extra care(like separating her from any ducks or drakes that pull too much at her crest).
Sorry for the long paragraph.
I pmed you! I will take great care of her if you do decide to bring her here! ❤

My son's female crested is loud!! The noisiest little girl imaginable. Yes she calls at first light -- currently 7am but earlier in the summer. She is so cute we love her ++++ We are in St Augustine, but my son says "no more ducks". He is right we are just introducing a small muscovy female to his flock of 3 pekins. She is happy with the girls but the drake hasn't yet accepted her. And 4 is all the coop can take [except temporarily in an emergency.] My flock is all male.

My son's ducks are under the radar as the county doesn't permit ducks to be kept in residential neighborhoods. He is lucky in having a deaf neighbor and the other neighbor likes the ducks -- particularly receiving packages of 6 duck eggs periodically. He is also fortunate on backing up to preserve, so he only has to worry about the 2 neighbors. Is there any chance you could win over your neighbors with duck eggs?

If not, I can take your little girl and rehome her on a nearby horse farm. It has a large safe pond -- heavy duty fencing -- and a lot of different varieties of ducks. I rehomed a white pekin female there last week. The ducks are well fed and have safe stalls and nesting boxes to brood in

Message me your phone number and I will arrange to come over within the next few days. I have to do a Costco /Trader Joe's run to Jax and can pick up you little girl then

The photo shows the existing pekin ducks on the pond with the one I rehomed in there. But there are mallards a plenty, and lavender muscovies that the owner breeds. Plus 4 or 5 geese that had angel wing and were treated by a rehabber but cannot fly strongly. So the rehabber rehomed them to the pond. Very happy duckies and geese

Attachments

• 20220114_161536.jpg
    20220114_161536.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hello, I’m located in Jacksonville, Florida. I have a white crested duck that needs rehoming, she was born May 9, 2021. Her name is Pouf and she has some slight angel wing. She used to be pretty quiet, but has been so loud since two of her flock were killed. I lock them in their house at night and every morning she quacks loudly at about 7 am and randomly throughout the day. My husband and I don’t mind the loudness, but we get so stressed thinking our neighbors will complain or call the cops and that we will have to get rid of all of them. She has been laying an egg pretty much every day for over a month now. I’d like her to go to a home that will NOT eat her and will be willing to give her extra care(like separating her from any ducks or drakes that pull too much at her crest).
Sorry for the long paragraph.
Not sure how to edit a post, but I think I have found a home for her 😊

hello everyone, my name is alexia and i reside in miami, florida. i have a muscovy male named rue, he is about 2 years old. he’s been raised by me ever since he was hatched. he has only been with a duckling when he was younger (unfortunately, it passed away). other than that, he has never interacted with a duck nor do i believe he knows he’s a duck. i’ve attempted introducing him to other ducks but he’s quite nervous. i love him very much and i need a good home for him. i live in a very small apartment and i do not have a lot of space to offer him. he’s also been sexually aggressive, which means he needs girls. i don’t have any girls for him and even if i wanted him to, he’s not quite sure how to do his thing with them. i can't really drop him outside and leave him by himself, he is completely dependent and will not survive by himself. i need someone that has muscovy females for him and a large space for him to be in (outdoors). he has a very loving personality, he loves children, is great with pets, loves attention. he’s completely fine with being pet and handled. please, if anyone would like a muscovy and has a loving heart for them i will gladly give him to you. i just want him to be in an amazing home with a lot of love. and i'd also like to visit every now and then to check on him. also, you can comment on information, maybe a place that will accept my duck, anything that provides info about giving my duck a home. i can answer any questions you have and we can discuss further details, you can text or email me, the information is below. i’m usually on my phone so the response time will not be long. if you'd like to see pictures of him, you can check my recent thread on my content.

[email protected]

hello everyone, my name is alexia and i reside in miami, florida. i have a muscovy male named rue, he is about 2 years old. he’s been raised by me ever since he was hatched. he has only been with a duckling when he was younger (unfortunately, it passed away). other than that, he has never interacted with a duck nor do i believe he knows he’s a duck. i’ve attempted introducing him to other ducks but he’s quite nervous. i love him very much and i need a good home for him. i live in a very small apartment and i do not have a lot of space to offer him. he’s also been sexually aggressive, which means he needs girls. i don’t have any girls for him and even if i wanted him to, he’s not quite sure how to do his thing with them. i can't really drop him outside and leave him by himself, he is completely dependent and will not survive by himself. i need someone that has muscovy females for him and a large space for him to be in (outdoors). he has a very loving personality, he loves children, is great with pets, loves attention. he’s completely fine with being pet and handled. please, if anyone would like a muscovy and has a loving heart for them i will gladly give him to you. i just want him to be in an amazing home with a lot of love. and i'd also like to visit every now and then to check on him. also, you can comment on information, maybe a place that will accept my duck, anything that provides info about giving my duck a home. i can answer any questions you have and we can discuss further details, you can text or email me, the information is below. i’m usually on my phone so the response time will not be long. if you'd like to see pictures of him, you can check my recent thread on my content.

[email protected]

I rehomed some chickens to @Kennas_Kritters and she also has some ducks she rehomed.

Contact her.

I am in Daytona Beach area, and I have two Drake Muscovy's BUT only 1 is to be rehomed.

Skipper cannot fly due to someone purposely injured his left wing, but he gained a friend in rehab, I named him Gilligan. They were released together behind my home where a city pond is, and Skipper got injured again where a snapping turtle bit his right foot, and he could not walk. I rescued him while Gilligan stayed at the pond. Vet said Skipper could not go back to the wild...since he is a lame duck, and the male drakes know this. Big Daddy Drake at the pond attacked him when I was about to grab him to take him to vet. Gilligan has found his friend, but has become mean towards Skipper and he calls for the 5 Muscovy drakes to come over to the backyard. When they do come Gilligan attacks Skipper after they leave. His left-wing feathers are torn up due to stress and I tried to keep them together, but Gilligan has to go. He has to be placed where he will be in a coop at night since I had to clip his wings since this stressed Skipper when he would at first come and visit and then leave. The wings will grow back for Gilligan, but I cannot and will not drop him off at any public pond due it will be cruelty till his feathers grow back to fly. He is a good duck and very beautiful. I would like a hen Muscovy to replace Gilligan if a trade is feasible or just take Gilligan. He is about 8 months old now.

This handsome fellow turned up in my son's yard in St Augustine, today. He doesn't belong in any nearby yard. Although the little muscovy immediately made friends with him and tried to dominate him, my son's two pekin females are frightened of him. I have advertised him on various local lost pet social media sites and others on those sites have shared the advertisements. I have fed him [organic layer feed: not appropriate but who cares in the short term!] He cannot stay in my son's yard. Does anyone want a timid white rooster that likes ducks?
20220201_095452.jpg
20220201_095357 1.jpg
20220201_095409.jpg

Last edited:
This handsome fellow turned up in my son's yard in St Augustine, today. He doesn't belong in any nearby yard. Although the little muscovy immediately made friends with him and tried to dominate him, my son's two pekin females are frightened of him. I have advertised him on various local lost pet social media sites and others on those sites have shared the advertisements. I have fed him [organic layer feed: not appropriate but who cares in the short term!] He cannot stay in my son's yard. Does anyone want a timid white rooster that likes ducks?
View attachment 2980715View attachment 2980716View attachment 2980717

Strange choices.

Back
Top Bottom