FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

They look like lil ones. how old are they? what species are they? dammit I do NOT need more chickens (well ok thats a lie we ALL know that but you know what I mean :) )

sending the cage and all with them or just them or ??? IF I was able to get them trying to figure if just the truck or the trailer too to grab em.

aaron

They look like lil ones. how old are they? what species are they? dammit I do NOT need more chickens (well ok thats a lie we ALL know that but you know what I mean :) )

sending the cage and all with them or just them or ??? IF I was able to get them trying to figure if just the truck or the trailer too to grab em.

aaron
We believe they are leghorn’s. We got them May 2nd and they were about 1-2 weeks old. I was planning on selling cage and accessory’s (stall mat, water tank, food, perch, pine, small broader) for $300 with chicken or just chickens alone for free.

In the one picture you have the one locked up by her own in the small cage away from the others. What did she do to get banished :p

Aaron

That morning she started to Bully the runt of the flock. We suspect they need more space we unfortunately we can’t provide. It could have been how we changed there food bin too. She’ll get put back in

Last edited:
All back together now and doing well. 😊

Attachments

• 1406173C-B58D-4B80-8628-56AFDD94BC93.jpeg
    1406173C-B58D-4B80-8628-56AFDD94BC93.jpeg
    822.7 KB · Views: 6
  • A1EDBE44-DC96-46DE-80A1-DFBE1138A780.jpeg
    A1EDBE44-DC96-46DE-80A1-DFBE1138A780.jpeg
    980 KB · Views: 3
Hello. New to the wonderful world of chickens and thought all was going well until my 5 week old silkies started crowing. Snow White and Goldie Girl turns out are, well, not she's after all. :( Sigh. I love them and their fluffiness, but my neighborhood doesn't allow roosters. We bought them from TSC back in the first week of May, and were told there was a chance that they could be roos, but I couldn't resist their cuteness. I am heartbroken as they are also my lap chickies that coo. In the Gainesville, FL area and praying that I can find a nice, safe home for them. Any help is appreciated.

I will ask around here, but from experience, Roos are Roids, that nobody really wants who is not raising chickens. Those that do raise chickens, have all of those they need.

I really wish there was a procedure they could do to cut their chords or something that wasn't so 'destructive' to them, so you have quiet roos.

Aaron

Thank you! I completely understand what you are saying, so many roosters looking for new homes, sigh.

Wish there was a way to keep them from crowing too, that would solve the problem and I could keep my precious silkies.

They do have crow collars you can put on them that tames the crow but how well the work, how long they last, do you have to constantly adjust them etc etc I don't know.

Go do a search on Youtube for these. The jury is out on them IMO. but heres one link

aaron

They do have crow collars you can put on them that tames the crow but how well the work, how long they last, do you have to constantly adjust them etc etc I don't know.

Go do a search on Youtube for these. The jury is out on them IMO. but heres one link

aaron
Thank you! Yes, we saw those, but feel they are cruel, and could be dangerous. So very sad. I LOVE my silkies, they are my cuddlers. When I picked up Goldie to bring her/him in today he just put his beak in the crook of my arm, I think he knows and is sad too. :(. To be honest, I love his little crow and he is so darn cute.

Back
Top Bottom