FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
yea what she said, Plus they wont come until you call them, I asked to be put on the list for next year and they said that I had to call it in if I anted this to continue, and when you put a egg auction people tend to only buy only from NPIP members, but is really our own decicion where you buy your own from, there is nothing written in stone saying that after becoming a member you can only buy from NPIP people.

Last edited:
Thanks Sugar Sand and Math Ace
smile.png

And wow, those birds ARE expensive.
tongue.png
I doubt I need to be dropping that kind of cash on my first chickens... 'specially since I've still got some NO NO DON'T EAT THE BIRDIE dog training to do!

Quote:
Go to the Sunshine Classic Show this Saturday!!!!! Then check out the Chicken swap listing here for Florida. There are some wonderful swaps that you can get nice stock, pick out just what you want, get them at very low prices, get advice from breeders and NO SHIPPING....it's the only way to go!!! Jacksonville, Lake City, Ocala, are just three of the really good swaps....check them out!

Add me too, PLEASE!!
wee.gif
:

I'm new on here, and did post to the new members thread, of the forum....BUT, wanted to also say a special "Hello" to all of my fellow Floridians.
big_smile.png

I'm located in Lake Wales...AKA Middle of nowhere, South Polk County.

I have owned mixed Chickens, and Easter Eggers, on and off...for many years. BUT now, we are ready to try our hand, in other purebred Chicken breeds.
We have our coops ready, our incubators ready.. and now looking for good quality, healthy birds.. to add to our flock.

We are looking for Silkie pullets/hens, Cochins (all colors), and would also like to get some Speckled Sussex, and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.

Would love to get to know the local fanciers, and learn as much as we can. My Daughter is also in 4-H, and wants to show our future chickens.

Please feel free to PM, or send e-mails...if you have any of the above breeds available.

Last edited:
The South Florida Fair is coming to West Palm Beach Jan 14-30. Find info at http://www.southfloridafair.com/ If you go, ask for me, Carol King, at the Poultry Tent. Or better yet, contact me beforehand, so we can plan a time & place to meet. I will be showing & selling some POL pullets, some other hens & roosters, some Runner Ducks, a Khaki Campbell drake, and 3 Embden geese. I'd really like to sell everyone I'm taking there to show, so let me know if you or someone you know is interested. See ya there at the Fair!!!

We live in Holt, North Okaloosa County. We maintain a laying flock 24- blue, green and brown eggs. We have regular customers for 4-6 month old birds, eggs and meat birds. At the request of some of our customers we are adding ducks for eggs and meat. We like keeping our operation small and take pride in our birds and their eggs.

For people in nwfl/la
Has anyone noticed more preditory animals moving into their areas because of development of Duke Field and Eglin? We're trapping 1-2 opposums each night and coyote and fox activity is much higher.

Back
Top Bottom