FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Now you already know that you don't have to worry about that, I'll just pick him up when I see you at POOPS and bring him to sunny ( warm ) Florida and I already got a name too * Poncho *

it would still need a sweter because a chicken bodey temp is about 112 and without feathers it would have to be keep at about 85/90 degress or have some clothes made for it

You can make a neat sweater out of a child/baby sock. I had to make one for my Cockatoo when she plucked all her breast feathers out and was cold and naked. The cuff of the sock is the "turtle neck" and the rest of the sock is covering his body. You cut the toe off the sock and two slits in the sides for the wings to poke through. The rest covers his body and leaves his tail free for pooping. If you need better instructions, pm me and I'll get you more info. They're wonderful and disposable. I changed mine about once every 2 weeks if it was dirty. I just cut it off her and slipped another one over her head. Worked great.

Quote:
My daughter said, "Oh they are so cute." Are they the naked necks? BTW, are they bred that way? I've never seen them.

My husband LOVES this chick.. thinks it looks like a Raptor.. like as in dinosaur..
lau.gif

Hey everyone.. I have a cute little 3 week old Leghorn X that is looking suspiciously roo-like.
wink.png

I actually have 2-3 but the other two are Cochin and possibly EE mixes... Anyone want him or them? If not as a pet, for meat? I can't have a roo here.

81805_roo.jpg

Thanks!
Jess

Last edited:
Quote:
My daughter said, "Oh they are so cute." Are they the naked necks? BTW, are they bred that way? I've never seen them.

yes they are Naked Necks, and they are bred to look like this I have different colors

they are the cutes if you ask me!!!!!
big_smile.png

I need to vent.

If our government doesnt do something TODAY to come to an agreement on the budget we are all in some serious trouble. My family wont have a paycheck indeffinetly. Hubby is active duty military and wont be paid until a new budget is passed. I am very worried as next week is payday again and we wont see it if the government shuts down tonight. This is so wrong on so many levels, congress will continue to be paid, but those serving in the military wont.

Shelly you are so right. Politics has no business in our countries budget and the military should never be without a paycheck. Think I'm voting against everyone in office right now.

Last night our adoptees snuggled with our remaining RIR.................just like our other girls did. It was great to see them so close together. Funny story. One girl is not as bright as other.............she couldn't figure out how to get into the coop, even being led in by our ALPA Girl. Coop is raised and she could see the others inside and kept trying to jump in through screened bottom. We finally had to catch and tuck her in for the night. Yesterday morning couldn't figure how to get out the door, not playing follow the leader. She finally figured it out. Today she is settled and has everything figured out. Got a good laugh, she was so funny.

Erin says thank you for letting her "adopt" sisters for her RIR.

Back
Top Bottom