FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello Fellow Floridians!!! I live in Melbourne Village..Just about to finish my coop.. We have 6 Pekins and 12 eggs in the bator.(leghorns) We love to here from some one near by... need to purchased some hens..
We are looking for any of the following:
RIR, BPR, Dominiques, Buff Orps, Araucana, EE's

welcome-byc.gif
to the FL thread! North Merritt Island here. Ducks: Rouens& Calls, Sabastopols & African geese, chickens and eggs loaded in three bators here. LoL will be hatching for the rest of the summer as we switch out our flock and add in quail.

Anyone near Ft Myers or Lehigh area? I need home/s for 4 Bantams.. Have a Gold laced Cochin and a Red Cochin, 1 buff Silkie and 1 adorable Black Frizzle ...Thanks! I listed them on craigs list today

Last edited:
Quote:
You are right around the corner from where we used to live. We were in Ft.Myers shores close to the river. It really grown up a lot in the 7 yrs since we left there. Good luck with rehoming your roos
smile.png
Wish I was closer. I would take them. I have been looking for a GL cochin.....

Thanks Tricia! I have a lady coming over in an hour or so...she seems really interested! Plus a guy called about them too, says he is in the process of building his coop, so i told him I call him back if the lady didnt take all 3 Yay! DD also read me riot act when she heard I had included the Gold Laced
roll.png
It's staying with us
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I just wanted to put the word out, that I am offering up a LF Salmon Faverolle breeding group, for sale.

In this group.... are 8 hens, and 1 roo. ALL 9 birds are in perfect health, and feather. Nice, friendly birds. Roo is NOT aggressive, in any way!
GREAT layers!! I get at least 7 eggs out of that pen, daily. Hatch rate here, has been 98%.
All 9 birds, have proper toes, and leg feathering. Nice fluffy muffs.

I'm asking $140.00 FIRM, for the group. I will not separate.
I live in the central Florida Area. PM me, if you're interested.
Some pics of this group, can be seen, on my website.

Hi, name is Mike, live in Riverview FL, have all my life. This is the first time I have tried chickens though. Just got six pullets Friday. So far so good, but they really seem like they want to go outside more than just a little a day. It is in the 90s in the day 70s at night, can they stay out all night with a heat lamp on? There wings and tails are feathered already?

Quote:
Hi Mike!
welcome-byc.gif
They should be fine outside at night as long as coop is preditor proof. The only time we used a heat lamp outside was when DD's silkies had a bath and it turned a bit cool towards late afternoon while they were still wet..once dried we turned it off.. If your coop is big enough to let them get away from the heat lamp they will be fine. Hope your coop is in a shady spot!
lol.png
dang it was hot today!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom