FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Go for the silkie flock!!!!!! Mine are the sweetest, cutest, most faithful egg layers around. They have their own personalities and love affection but they're not 'needy' like some species. Getting an already established flock that has been handled and treated well is a real plus! You'll save yourself a lot of adjustment and medical issues too. I wish I'd had this opportunity when I first got started! WOW!

Quote:
Roshan, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I just recently lost my 86 year old mother and father to a series of strokes and declining health. It will be a difficult time for you, but you're doing the right thing by taking care of the pets she loves so much. She must be a very special lady to be so loving and attentive to her silkie flock! You've come to the right place to find a good home for them. We're all crazy about our feathered babies. You might put the word out on the Silkie thread also. Blessings to you at this time.

Roshan, I'm sorry to hear of your mother. She must be a pretty special woman to devote such care to what many refer to as "only chickens" . She, and her flock, are blessed to have you looking out for them in during these stressful, trying days. Best to you and the silkies. I hope they can stay together (except for those who deserve their own flocks!)

Quote:
Well, welcome to BYC! I sent you a PM! Glad you found another person with a better bee colony than ours! I'll try and stop by the Saturday market this weekend.

wait, wait, wait.......you got bees too!!!!!?
gig.gif

Quote:
Well, welcome to BYC! I sent you a PM! Glad you found another person with a better bee colony than ours! I'll try and stop by the Saturday market this weekend.

wait, wait, wait.......you got bees too!!!!!?
gig.gif

No, but it is a fascinating prospect. We had bees invade our composter, and Musashi came to take them away. We thought it was a large colony, but it turned out they weren't doing much in there due to having an 'ineffective queen'. Intially he thought there was no queen, but later he did find her. So I gave Musashi some fresh eggs and we talked chickens for a bit, and here he is on BYC! It was all part of my devious plan to recruit more backyard chicken owners until they take over suburbia! Nuha ha ha ha.... (that's an evil laugh).
wink.png

http://www.lee-county.com/gov/dept/sustainability/Pages/SustainabilitySurvey.aspx

Lee
County residents, please take a minute to complete and share this survey to let the local government know how we feel about personal and local sustainability practices (such as backyard flocks). Perhaps you'd like to let them know how being free to practice PERSONAL sustainability (harvesting rainwater, growing your own food, raising your own hens, etc.) would help create an entire COMMUNITY that is sustainable.

Share this idea with friends!

I haven't hear anything further about the Silkie's.

In the interim I've decided to go with chicks from Itsie Bitsie Farm, which happily turns out to only be about 20 miles from our house in Lake Wales. So this is just to keep anyone interested in the Silkie's he posted about, to urge them to continue. Of course he may have already placed them.

Thanks,
Musashi

Back
Top Bottom