FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
frow.gif
, Juan-n-Only! "good luck finding ONLY 3 breeds you want!!" Yeah, I know, right!
lau.gif

What you shared is way cool to know because I was wondering where we would get our birds from. I think it will be splendid to start our bunch from members here. We can meet our neighbors (even if an hour drive away) and stuff. I am encouraged!

I got 1/2 of my 1st flock from a swap about 6 weeks ago! (the other 1/s at a local feedstore) I was to get a few birds from some one else here but she didn't show up ( on my birds got attacked, my husband is in the hospital...boo hoo excuses...hehehehe jk FLchicks! glad everyone is fine now! )

I felt the same way as you, 1st I do not have patience to wait for the brids to show up on the mail, plus I rather support some one here!

Quote:
It is illegal in FL to sell eggs in store cartons unless you are willing to black all writing out. You also must label for animal consumption on your cartons as well as have your license through FL.

For personal use any cartons will do.

Meant to ask you Shellie since we live in the same county.. how do you get your license to sell eggs?

Luckily in FL it isn't county based, it is state based. Unless you want to have a separate facility for washing and storing your eggs that can be inspected you won't ever be legal to sell to people. You can however sell eggs if labeled for animal consumption only.

Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services is the state agency

Quote:
frow.gif
, Juan-n-Only! "good luck finding ONLY 3 breeds you want!!" Yeah, I know, right!
lau.gif

What you shared is way cool to know because I was wondering where we would get our birds from. I think it will be splendid to start our bunch from members here. We can meet our neighbors (even if an hour drive away) and stuff. I am encouraged!

I got 1/2 of my 1st flock from a swap about 6 weeks ago! (the other 1/s at a local feedstore) I was to get a few birds from some one else here but she didn't show up ( on my birds got attacked, my husband is in the hospital...boo hoo excuses...hehehehe jk FLchicks! glad everyone is fine now! )

I felt the same way as you, 1st I do not have patience to wait for the brids to show up on the mail, plus I rather support some one here!

Hey now lol I am willing to take that roo, if it is a roo, and give you a girl so shhh!
big_smile.png

Wow, I'm glad it all worked out for you. It is kinda disappointing when you're expecting something and it does not materialize. Plus, I hate waiting on people/stuff too? Guess what, gang? I've been reading about the various birds and I think I've got it narrowed down to FIVE
ep.gif
:

Ameraucana
Maran
Leghorn
Plymouth Rock
Wyandotte

Wonder what dh will say, yuk yuk.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Okie dokie, good lookin' out FLChickens. I'll pass this on to dh. So, I'll label 'em appropriately and tell any possible buyers what you have shared with me. I am thinking that labeling would turn off possible customers. Then again, perhaps folk in FL know the deal and it's no BIG deal. Touche.

Quote:
hehehe from 3 to 5 already!!!? lol Make sure you know the difference btwn Ameraucana and EE's
smile.png
...I think you can find both from local people!

edit: as a matter of fact FLchicks may have both! lol

Last edited:
Quote:
Sweeet! Good looking out too Tara Rose. I'll keep all these pointers in mind as we go forward. Can't wait to pick up our first chicken(s) AND post pix here. First things first: a) the land; and b) the coop(s)

Quote:
hehehe from 3 to 5 already!!!? lol Make sure you know the difference btwn Ameraucana and EE's
smile.png
...I think you can find both from local people!

edit: as a matter of fact FLchicks may have both! lol

I am growing out EE's and Wheaten Ameracuana and Lavender Ameracuana currently.

In the incubator: Blue Marans
Next round of eggs: Marans and more Ameracuana

I only pull and keep 1 or 2 from each hatch, so always chicks or juvenile chicks around here lol

This picture has OE, EE, and Ameracuana in it al currently in the outside brooder growing out.
ff6fe223.jpg

This is the older juvenile EE's that free range with our flock already. I call them the littles.
6b0df528.jpg

?, yaw'll.

Does anyone here know the largest breed of chicken? It is difficult to tell from photographs. DH just walked in and I all excitedly told him about BYC Forum! He reiterated his priorities: meat and eggs,
lol.png

Also, there has GOT to be something I can do with chicken feathers. They are so beautiful I just can not imagine throwing them away.

Lyric

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom