FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Jesse have you checked CL Treasure Coast, there have been several pins there this last week. Of course some are pricy. Do yu hve lg cardboard boxes or plastic tubs............they'll work in a crunch.

LOL, last time I went to Tractor Supply I contemplated buying a cage for $30 or so (by the way, I checked Petsmart sales for you, Jess... & no good cage prices) anyway... at the checkout I noticed a nice, big cardboard box & said, "hey, could I have that box, please?!" spent a few bucks on something else, got a free chicken transporter ;P ! GOOD LUCK figuring that out today.

Home Depot, Lowes, & Harbor Freight sometimes have cages at decent prices, too. Haven't actually checked the prices in awhile, though.

Hog clamps and hardware cloth and you can build a wire cage. Hardware cloth is stable enough to cut to size hog clamp together and hold it's shape. The hog clamps also act as hinges for a door.

If you google "C&C guinea pig cages" you can find lots of good info on building with storage cubes. I make cages similar to this , but without the divider and bigger. They can be stacked, made any size and are super cheap. I have found that K-mart has the best deal on the cubes, and I get the coroplast from a local sign shop for $15 for a 4x8 sheet.

Last edited:
I like the little bird bowls that hang on the side, and use hamster bottles for the water. If you carefully clip out a couple of bars and file them (the edges are sharp!), you could hang the food on the outside.

just wanted to show some pics of my young English pullets

38176_yong_ones_028.jpg

38176_yong_ones_029.jpg

38176_yong_ones_026.jpg

38176_yong_ones_027.jpg

Big English relatives

38176_white_orps_031.jpg

38176_white_orps_033.jpg

38176_white_orps_028.jpg

Back
Top Bottom