FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Oh Karen.... I am going through that too. I just thew out a nest full of eggs yesterday. My gorgeous splash silkie roo "John Wayne" is around 4 also and I have not had a single fertile egg from him for a while. But then again, most of my chickens are getting old now and not laying like they used to either.
old.gif
Heehee

Here is John Wayne - yea, I know his comb is too big........ But I still think he is handsome!

1196_dsc_0452.jpg

Lisa
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh I hope so!! He has 2 white girls & a blue girl! Now my white just gotta start laying again & my blue has a little while til she is old enough to lay... I am excited for our first attempt at hatching! My hubby & I have been looking for an inexpensive but good incubator for when we get some fertilized eggs!
woot.gif

Hello, my name is Andrea, and I am an addict
smile.png
Well, seeing as my silkie is refusing to NOT be broody, I figured, what the heck...I just won an auction for 8+ olive egger eggs, and + BCM eggs...gonna let her sit on these and see what happens! So, if anyone in the area is interested in some of these eggs in case there are too many for her (which I suspect is the case because she is a dainty thing), please let me know...I'm keeping a watchful eye on my other silkie mix and my cochin, in case they also decide to go broody...can anyone give me an idea as to how many eggs are too many for a hen to brood? I just would hate to waste the eggs if they are viable...I can always get an incubator on short notice if abolutely necessary...just trying to plan ahead (which is REALLY hard for me, because I tend to live life on a whim
smile.png

- Andrea

Back
Top Bottom