FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hey Floridachicken: I think we got a good clue as to what our predator problem is. My youngest saw three dogs roaming the neighborhood at about 8:30 this evening. The description of one matched a cattle dog/shepherd that used to get out of his yard and wander over here a few years ago. He's friendly, but he tends to team up with and bring over others that aren't so friendly, then they work as a pack. What amazes me is I never would have known they were out there if they hadn't been sighted...I guess I thought they'd be barking or something.

The girls and I armed ourselves with golf clubs, and snuck out the side door, in order to get all the ducks over the fence without drawing attention. I'd be willing to bet we've solved the mystery of how our dear goose was slaughtered. #@*%$ dogs, I guess I'll be buying myself a .22 for Christmas, because they sure won't fit in my HavAhart trap!
somad.gif

Arrrgh Stray dogs! wern't they listed as the number 1 preditor? or was that coons? anyhow..high up on the list. Electric fence time I say
lol.png

Isn't this weather just wonderful! A/C turned OFF and windows open *Ahhhhhhh!* My only complaint is the road noise now..... and the cats mating outside my bedroom window
smack.gif
Why don't they do "it" in the daytime?

dogs are awfu preditors.................got 5 of my hens before DH got him. Then owners called police, who fortunately took our side. Dog in our yard, killing our pets and charging me as I tied to chase it away. Revenge is dog didn't die, but cost neighbors $1000. They now keep on tight rein. Yea!

Hi all! Hope everyone is well! Had a rough couple of days around here between kids battling the stomach flu & losing one of my silkie pullets... But to top the worst week of my life off I totaled the front end of my car on my way home from picking up my oldest's blue silkie roo that I bought for him a while back & a black w/ silver lace Japanese bantam cross for my 2 year old... UGH...
he.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
hit.gif
It can only get better from now on, right?!

FloridaChicken & Lisa I hope ya'll get your predator problem under control soon! I have been wondering have things have been going for ya'll...

Back
Top Bottom