FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello everyone in florida! I'm new to the site and new to owning chickens. We our about half way done with finishing our coop. So for we have 5 chickens an I can't wat to get more. I have 4 EE and 1 favorelle. Anyone have any suggestion on what breed I should get next . I am finding tha some of my chickens are open mouth breating a lot.I know its starting to get hot this time of the year and am guessing that is the cause but I'm not sure if its normal cause like I said I am new to this. Anyone know if its normal? Thanks. :)

Well do you want.layers or ornamentals? Black copper marans lay a gogeous dark brown egg. Australorps are prolific layers too and they have a light brown egg. I personally tink the vlue laced red wyandottes are forgeous and prolific as are the speckled sussex.

there are 552 members and 7,691 replies and 103,616 views

so on average each member has posted 13.9 times

and view it 187.7 times

I know I'm bored, and I should get back to updating the thread
caf.gif

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
from Lake Wales. Yes it is normal. Just make sure they have shade and plenty of water. Unless your coop is in the shade they really get hot. When it gets really hot I give mine ice cold watermelon and put ice in their waters. White or Brown Leghorns are very good in the heat and they are egg laying machine. I have Brown Leghorns that will be starting to lay in about a month. I have a roo so they will be fertile if you want to try to hatch some eggs.
1st of all let me say
welcome-byc.gif
to all the new people joining Cocoa east coast here.And I have almost any kind of animal there is in florida except for rattle snakes.And no it isn't a petting Zoo. I wanna hatch some of your eggs.I can hatch up to 84 eggs so when you get em let me know. J/K But I would be willing to hatch some if you would like to send away
hide.gif
.I think I'm back up to 80 something chickens again. Just sold 2 grown hens yesterday for $25 a piece and I'm getting what I ask for. I know it's hard for yall to believe but it's true.And I'm trying to get a friend of mine that owns a few auctions here in cocoa to try his luck out on auctioning Poultry at his auctions.But if I am successful how many people would be willing to bring some of their birds for auction?

Last edited:
Hi, well I finally got to retire
celebrate.gif
. My dear sweet husband got the chicken coop, pen and yard finished.
hugs.gif
And we have TEN chickens 4 months old now. I am having so much fun, heart warming, and great entertainment. I
love.gif
my
D.gif
. Hope to have eggs in a couple of months
droolin.gif

Hi, well I finally got to retire
celebrate.gif
. My dear sweet husband got the chicken coop, pen and yard finished.
hugs.gif
And we have TEN chickens 4 months old now. I am having so much fun, heart warming, and great entertainment. I
love.gif
my
D.gif
. Hope to have eggs in a couple of months
droolin.gif
I hope I can follow your retirement example soon!! I got tired a long time ago, now to just put the re on the front. I'm looking at early next year. All ready got the laying chickens though. Now to sell this house and move to South Carolina!! ...stan

That's great. My chicken will need to lay gold and platinum eggs to pay for their run and coop.

Jo

Need advice. My little broody hen is in the favorite nest of all the girls and today 2 hens sat on her and caused an egg to break. So sad seeing that tiny chick. She has been on the nest about 12 days...............should I try to move her? Also, there was egg yuck all over her other eggs and I saw a couple of ants. What can I do to prevent other eggs being broken and the ants from getting them?

Back
Top Bottom