FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

My first thought was hot soapy water, then bleach ...
hu.gif

Okay Debby is gone and we are just about dried up enough to start cleaning up. Our chicken runs were under at least a foot of water along with a good part of our 5 acres. The food and water containers were in the water so I now need to clean and sanitize them. What would be safest and the best way? Do you think just soap and hot water will do it? Don't think I want to use bleach. Thanks for any thoughts!

I use 1/4 cup of bleach in a 2 quart spray bottle to sanitize then leave outside in the sun., Once they are dry i bring them in and wash them in hot soapy water and then air dry in the sun again.

I use 1/4 cup of bleach in a 2 quart spray bottle to sanitize then leave outside in the sun., Once they are dry i bring them in and wash them in hot soapy water and then air dry in the sun again.

The thing about bleach is it is inactivated in the presence of heavy organic soil (poop,etc...). So for the best effect the organic material should ne removed 1st with soap & water then disinfect with bleach. Sun drying is a great idea too.

Hi ! I live in Fort Mc Coy and we have chickens too. Maybe we could connect ob Facebook so its easier to talk about them.Would like to learn anything I can about them from others who have worked with them. We have about 100, and they are free range. We take good care of our chickens. I hope we can talk soon.- Gary. My email is [email protected]

Hi ! I live in Fort Mc Coy and we have chickens too. Maybe we could connect ob Facebook so its easier to talk about them.Would like to learn anything I can about them from others who have worked with them. We have about 100, and they are free range. We take good care of our chickens. I hope we can talk soon.- Gary. My email is [email protected]
I'm not sure were Ft McCoy is but I am a member on FB with a group called Northeast Florida Farm & Garden Swap. If there is other groups on FB please let me know.

welcome-byc.gif
from Wesley Chapel, just north of Tampa. Here are some more FB groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Flo..._comment_reply#!/groups/chickenswapofflorida/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Flo..._comment_reply#!/groups/Floridakickinchicken/

and, thanks callahanfarmgirl, I just joined your group!

Back
Top Bottom