FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I made it to the swap and am proud to say I didn't come home with more than I had planned.
Got my three from Stan, thanks Stan!, an Australope, a barred rock and and an Americauna. The three B's (bee, Betty and Bertha) to go with the 6 N's (all Nosey Nellies coz I can tell them apart
smile.png
)
I did fall in love with the silkies and plan to get some of those as soon as I can afford to build a new run and coop. GAH!!!!!
Jo
Thanks Jo, it was a pleasure meeting you. That Ameracauna is an EE by the way. From an Ameracuana hen and a Delaware rooster. She should be a good layer of nice sized greenish/blue eggs, plus, she's just pretty!!.....stan

hi all!
just wanted to stop in-don't have internet at home rightr now, so gotta sneak it at work :) I do hang out on the FB chicken swap page, so I do get to talk to some of you still :)

My big news....I just got 8 adult Porto silkies. Yes I am excited! just gotta get them paired and get the old girls laying! one week and not a single egg yet. I have heard that the summer can be tough on silkies...little do they know they are about to get yogurt laced with cayenne :)

I am on my 3rd round of incubating, and this time my new layer has some eggs in, so it looks pretty good so far.

hi all!
just wanted to stop in-don't have internet at home rightr now, so gotta sneak it at work :) I do hang out on the FB chicken swap page, so I do get to talk to some of you still :)

My big news....I just got 8 adult Porto silkies. Yes I am excited! just gotta get them paired and get the old girls laying! one week and not a single egg yet. I have heard that the summer can be tough on silkies...little do they know they are about to get yogurt laced with cayenne :)

I am on my 3rd round of incubating, and this time my new layer has some eggs in, so it looks pretty good so far.
Congratulations :) You'll have to share some photos of your new silkies :)

Thanks Jo, it was a pleasure meeting you. That Ameracauna is an EE by the way. From an Ameracuana hen and a Delaware rooster. She should be a good layer of nice sized greenish/blue eggs, plus, she's just pretty!!.....stan

Oops! My bad, :)

I had to show them where to sleep tonight. They were pretty good with being picked up and placed on the roost.

My dogs just don't know what to make of all this. They are running from one side of the yard to the other. Hens on both sides! Good exercise for them I say.

Back
Top Bottom