FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

FREE FOOD come & get it
lau.gif
Can't feed the chickens this
If you have a have-a-heart trap, put marshmallows in it. Coons love marshmallows or canned dog or cat food.

If you have a have-a-heart trap, put marshmallows in it. Coons love marshmallows or canned dog or cat food.
These coons are eating sour corn & eat it just like marshmellows. But I'm just trying to get em off my land so I can catch some wild hogs.Just need them gone cause they are eating all the corn.

Hello chicken neighbor! I am also from South Florida. This BYC group has bee extremely helpful. As you know, there aren't alot of chicken lovers in our area. I am close to Sawgrass Mill. You?
Hi,

Certainly not a lot of chicken lovers in SFL. I am a in SWR area.
smile.png
BYC has been a great source of information. I see you have bantams as well! Did you have any success with rehoming roosters?

Hi,

Certainly not a lot of chicken lovers in SFL. I am a in SWR area.
smile.png
BYC has been a great source of information. I see you have bantams as well! Did you have any success with rehoming roosters?
I have been doing some reading lately where WPB is rated as one of the more leniant countries when it comes to backyard chickens. Where is the SWR area?

There should be a place in your area where they have monthly chicken swaps... That is a good place to find new homes for your extra roosters. There is a link on BYC that lists the local swaps / meets.

WELCOME to BYC!

i am so frustrated! i just was out checking out the birds as i came home from work & i realized that yet another one of my youngsters is a cockerel
he.gif
that makes 5 boys out of 6 babies! crazy. i have been trying so hard to get some laying hens or pol pullets. my most recent aqusition (cukoo maran) is not laying as far as i can tell, my hatchery buffs give me one egg a day between the 2 of them, i lost my andalusian
hit.gif
and my ducks are moulting so i am getting maybe 1 egg a day. i need a minimum of 5 eggs a day for my old dog. i am just so sad that i may actually have to get store eggs tonight.

thanks for letting me vent...wish the swap was closer tomorrow.

Hi,

Certainly not a lot of chicken lovers in SFL.  I am a in SWR area. :)   BYC has been a great source of information.  I see you have bantams as well!  Did you have any success with rehoming roosters? 

Wow! We are really close. Yes, i have Bantam Cochins only. Not allowed to have any chickens at all so we are completely under the radar. I ended up giving two roosters to the lawn men. (Cant even think about what happened to them.). Currently, i have two roosters and one pullet in my yard. Trying to feel out my neighbors to see how they feel about these teeny tiny little teenager crows. They will have to rip them out of my hands i am sure. Anywhoooo.... Still doesnt solve my "organic egg" problem. I NEED MORE PULLETS!!!

I am setting a Halloween hatch of white frizzle cochins in the incubator on October 10th. You are welcome to put a half dozen eggs in there with mine if u like. I think i may be setting a small batch before that too.

All i know is that this pullet is clearly outnumbered by these two roos. Although they are only about 11 weeks they are already trying to saddle her. If i get rid of them she will be alone and loud, so that isnt an option either.

Well, hubby and I are heading over to Naples. Maybe I will pick up something on the way home. I am actually considering renting a small space in someone's yard or farm so i can keep my roosters. Crazy i know. Lol. Its just the beginning of this adventure!

Lets keep in touch!
Xoxo Annmarie

i am so frustrated! i just was out checking out the birds as i came home from work & i realized that yet another one of my youngsters is a cockerel
he.gif
that makes 5 boys out of 6 babies! crazy. i have been trying so hard to get some laying hens or pol pullets. my most recent aqusition (cukoo maran) is not laying as far as i can tell, my hatchery buffs give me one egg a day between the 2 of them, i lost my andalusian
hit.gif
and my ducks are moulting so i am getting maybe 1 egg a day. i need a minimum of 5 eggs a day for my old dog. i am just so sad that i may actually have to get store eggs tonight.

thanks for letting me vent...wish the swap was closer tomorrow.
Right there with you on the frustration about hatching cockerels. I hatched 5 cockerels out of 7 chicks in my SS and 3 cockerels out of 5 chicks on my buff leghorns. The only breed I got at least a 50% pullet hatch was on my ameraucanas....

Back
Top Bottom