FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Best to goto the guinea thread and chat with those who have had them for years. We got ours from one of the regulars on that area. We were warned they can wonder, warned they are as loud os a peafowl, and will sit on everything including cars. We pinioned ours to help keep them on property. They free range daily, come when called, easily herd into their nighttime house.

I have my info from a person down the street from me that has had them for 20 or so years.They good birds but to loud for me.I go to his house everyday but I can't stand how loud they are when someone comes around.He raises & breeds them along with chickens,Turkeys & ducks along with cows & goats.People always come to me asking where they can get any cause they love my chickens I have sold them.My selling of chickens only comes by word of mouth. I have repeat customers all the time.

Last edited:
GB, I would read up on if it has any harmful effects if ingested since you have your geese too. I know its safe to spray when the chickens are out free ranging, but no idea if the geese eat the plants/grass that were sprayed if there would be problems. I know most of the feed stores around here carry it so its easy to pick up.

GB, I would read up on if it has any harmful effects if ingested since you have your geese too. I know its safe to spray when the chickens are out free ranging, but no idea if the geese eat the plants/grass that were sprayed if there would be problems. I know most of the feed stores around here carry it so its easy to pick up.
celticoaks, Why would I tell someone to use something that I would use and it has not hurt my chickens?Cause as I see it everytime I tell someone something , You come right behind me & tell them that it is wrong , In different ways.I haven't been doing this for all these years to tell people that this & that won't hurt your animals.Have you used Permethrin? I only tell people what I know works.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
hartsfarm central fl. winter haven
From Cocoa,
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Permethrin 10,livestock and premise spray,For use on livestock:Cattle (beef and dairy),goats,sheep,swine,horses,and POULTRY.It can also be safely used on waterfowl.Check USDA studies found easily any where on the internet.
I have used permethrin on my farm animals and family dogs for more than a decade with no undesired side effects.No poisoning,no illness,no death,ect.If you use permethrin as the label states then it is safe.It is a chemical like any other and should be used with general caution.Like any other chemical substance in this world you can find reports that say its bad.Do you know how your dogs or cats ingested flea medication works?Its a poison,it poisons your pets blood so the parasite who ingests it,dies.Gee,that doesnt sound too good either huh?Personally its all bad but we use it for a reason,the pest or parasite carries disease or illness we dont want our pets or livestock to suffer from.Mosquito's carries West Nile Virus,thats deadly to chickens.Mosquito's are more attracted to chickens then they are people thats why the state of Florida uses chickens in their studies.Thanks But I will choose to spray.One thing about permethrin most do not know is it doesnt have much use once its dry.It looses potency when dry.Its a great contact spray,it kills on contact.I dont mean the bug/insect/parasite dies right before your eyes but if it comes in contact with permethrin you can bet its minutes/hours are limited.During heavy mosquito infestations I use permethrin spray regularly,I mist around the coop,I spray any surface I can find,nesting boxes,perches ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Permethrin 10,livestock and premise spray,For use on livestock:Cattle (beef and dairy),goats,sheep,swine,horses,and POULTRY.It can also be safely used on waterfowl.Check USDA studies found easily any where on the internet.
I have used permethrin on my farm animals and family dogs for more than a decade with no undesired side effects.No poisoning,no illness,no death,ect.If you use permethrin as the label states then it is safe.It is a chemical like any other and should be used with general caution.Like any other chemical substance in this world you can find reports that say its bad.Do you know how your dogs or cats ingested flea medication works?Its a poison,it poisons your pets blood so the parasite who ingests it,dies.Gee,that doesnt sound too good either huh?Personally its all bad but we use it for a reason,the pest or parasite carries disease or illness we dont want our pets or livestock to suffer from.Mosquito's carries West Nile Virus,thats deadly to chickens.Mosquito's are more attracted to chickens then they are people thats why the state of Florida uses chickens in their studies.Thanks But I will choose to spray.One thing about permethrin most do not know is it doesnt have much use once its dry.It looses potency when dry.Its a great contact spray,it kills on contact.I dont mean the bug/insect/parasite dies right before your eyes but if it comes in contact with permethrin you can bet its minutes/hours are limited.During heavy mosquito infestations I use permethrin spray regularly,I mist around the coop,I spray any surface I can find,nesting boxes,perches ect.
Thank You,Sinkorswim on the update on permethrin. I use it on my hunting clothes.But it will kill all kinds of bugs.Very good repellant.

Back
Top Bottom