FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

If I am correct silkies have both black skin and black bones.
They are concidered a dellicasy in the orient, not sure how the meat would be though!?
how old should they be? should i let them get full sized? i have one that is in jail because he was attacking the girls and generally being a pia. he is pretty good sized now but another is still leggy. id like to see them bigger but will they get tough? one is about 6 months, the other is 5months.

btw, i did a search on eating silkies.....wow, gonna be bizzarre if i can do it.

I am sorry I am no expert on age for eating yet LOL
I have concidered silkies for eating when we had extra roos but we rehomed them instead.
We are raising 2 Bourbon Red turkies for not this thanks giving but next, they will be the 1st raises for more than eggs.

how old should they be? should i let them get full sized? i have one that is in jail because he was attacking the girls and generally being a pia. he is pretty good sized now but another is still leggy. id like to see them bigger but will they get tough? one is about 6 months, the other is 5months.

btw, i did a search on eating silkies.....wow, gonna be bizzarre if i can do it.
I think there are some threads about meat birds, processing, etc, you might be able t find more info there...

Here I go again. Ding ding. Round two! I am setting 3 dozen eggs this upcoming Wednesday. They will hatch on (or near) Halloween. They are bantam cochins from a reputable breeder in Arkansasi

South Florida peeps may be interested in some breeding trios for Spring since we don't have many chicken peeps in this area.

I will have silver laced, calico, blue calico, blue mottled, white, blue Columbian, and buff Columbian. VERY limited amounts.

Sooooo excited and happy to share!

xoxo Annmarie

Wondering how many of ya'll went to the swap in Frostproof this morning? We went without the intentions of buying but fell head over heels in love with 2 Salmon Favorolle hens and a 3/4 silkie ~ 1/4 Polish cross! The Polish cross is our favorite hands down and already love her! We've named her Polly. Still deciding on names for our Salmons :)
DH was feeding my chicken math this morning bad! He loves Polly just as much as me and once we mixed our flocks together, we will have quite a rainbow with our Leghorns, Polly and the Salmons
:-D

Did you get the cross from Itsie Bitsie Farms? I have a showgirl/polish cross from her that I just love but it's turned out that Frenchie is a roo so he has to go. I'd like to get some pullets like him whenever my chicken paddock drys out. They are such characters!

anybody going to the plant city swap this weekend?

Family Feed store Swap Meet
Every month on the second Saturday
8am - 12pm
3669 Paul Buchman Hwy
Plant City, FL.
---> MAP
(813) 752-0011

Last edited:
self blue old english bame bantam i love them,will be offering eggs from them soon but maybe only a couple of times i been keeping their eggs here recently their very friendly to me and great breed really dont see to many or i havent...

I LOVE that color
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom