Florida newbie

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

You have been give some great advice and links from the above posters. Make yourself at home here and if you still have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif

I am in SWFL too! I am also new to chickens, but my best advice for you before you get your chickens, make sure your coop/run is in the shade or at least mostly shade! It gets so hot in the summer (which im sure you know) and make sure there is always plenty of water, this summer our chickens went through a ton of water because it was so hot and they are in a half shade half sun area.
big_smile.png

So I was wondering what you all think about the number of chickens in a flock... I really only want 2 chickens. We don't have a huge back yard, and we have a dog, and an 8 year old. Would they be lonely or is 2 an ok number?

So I was wondering what you all think about the number of chickens in a flock... I really only want 2 chickens. We don't have a huge back yard, and we have a dog, and an 8 year old. Would they be lonely or is 2 an ok number?

Two will work okay, but if you have room, I would recommend four. That way their can pair up, the pecking order gets spread out a little more, and if one of the hens dies, you will still have three left to keep each other company.

Back
Top Bottom