Flu Shots!

Birch Run Farm

Biddy up!
11 Years
Sep 5, 2008
VERMONT
It's that time of the year...
sickbyc.gif

Well, I got mine already, Friday morning at work. This was the first time I didn't get a sore arm!
ya.gif

The ONLY time i have EVER gotten the flu is when i had gotten a flu shot. I hope you dont get sick......I dont trust them.

I cant decide if I am going to or not.
I think what my daughter just got thru, and my dh now has. Is the flu. At least a variant of it.
Luckily my new job doesnt require me to speak with customers. And I have my own desk and office. So getting sick wont be "as bad" for me

my youngest son and I always get them. With his epilepsy he shouldnt have high fevers and I cant get sick because I have to care for him. His dad used to get them and then didnt for 2-3 years because of the shortages, I talked him in to getting one last year because when he gets sick its bad and lasts for weeks.

I've been getting flu shots for at least the last ten years, maybe longer. I have never been sick from them, usually a sore spot on the arm.

I get this vaccine because so many people at work do not wash their hands and when they are sick they are whiping their noses and touching everything. Some sneeze without covering and do so on purpose!

sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

DH and I both will be getting ours tomorrow. and have been ever since they started giving them I think. we have never had a problem from the shots. Due to age and med problems,the dr. always ask if we have had flu shots yet.It's easier for us to just go ahead and get them.They will probable decide this month if they are going to replace DH's defilator (spelling) for the 3rd time. They usually only last about 4 years and this year is the fourth, marrie

I'm looking to get mine this week.

I always get a little sick after a flue shot but hopefully I won't get the full fledged flu.

Flu shots contain Mercury (among other nasties) Won't see me in line for one.

Pretty soon they'll announce a shortage - to get everyone in a frenzy, soon after that some other catastrophy or other related to folks catching flu. Toward the end of the season there will be something else, or they'll make an excuse for the shot not actually working very well this year because ....... (fill in the blank)

Last edited:
I always get my flu shot. As a teacher, it would be foolish not to. DH gets his, too.
smile.png
He has Crohn's and some of his meds make his immune system weaker.

I absolutely hate being sick to my stomach, so anything that prevents that sounds awesome to me. (I also wash my hands a ton, use sanitizer during class time and take Vitamin C...).

I'm assuming that anything FDA-approved is more safe than not.

Back
Top Bottom