Flu Shots!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Birch Run Farm, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    It's that time of the year... [​IMG]

Well, I got mine already, Friday morning at work. This was the first time I didn't get a sore arm! [​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    The ONLY time i have EVER gotten the flu is when i had gotten a flu shot. I hope you dont get sick......I dont trust them.

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I cant decide if I am going to or not.
    I think what my daughter just got thru, and my dh now has. Is the flu. At least a variant of it.
    Luckily my new job doesnt require me to speak with customers. And I have my own desk and office. So getting sick wont be "as bad" for me

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my youngest son and I always get them. With his epilepsy he shouldnt have high fevers and I cant get sick because I have to care for him. His dad used to get them and then didnt for 2-3 years because of the shortages, I talked him in to getting one last year because when he gets sick its bad and lasts for weeks.

5. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I've been getting flu shots for at least the last ten years, maybe longer. I have never been sick from them, usually a sore spot on the arm.

I get this vaccine because so many people at work do not wash their hands and when they are sick they are whiping their noses and touching everything. Some sneeze without covering and do so on purpose!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. DH and I both will be getting ours tomorrow. and have been ever since they started giving them I think. we have never had a problem from the shots. Due to age and med problems,the dr. always ask if we have had flu shots yet.It's easier for us to just go ahead and get them.They will probable decide this month if they are going to replace DH's defilator (spelling) for the 3rd time. They usually only last about 4 years and this year is the fourth, marrie

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm looking to get mine this week.

I always get a little sick after a flue shot but hopefully I won't get the full fledged flu.

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Flu shots contain Mercury (among other nasties) Won't see me in line for one.

Pretty soon they'll announce a shortage - to get everyone in a frenzy, soon after that some other catastrophy or other related to folks catching flu. Toward the end of the season there will be something else, or they'll make an excuse for the shot not actually working very well this year because ....... (fill in the blank)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  9. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    I'm with Wildsky. Mercury is too dangerous.

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I always get my flu shot. As a teacher, it would be foolish not to. DH gets his, too. [​IMG] He has Crohn's and some of his meds make his immune system weaker.

I absolutely hate being sick to my stomach, so anything that prevents that sounds awesome to me. (I also wash my hands a ton, use sanitizer during class time and take Vitamin C...).

I'm assuming that anything FDA-approved is more safe than not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by