Flubenvet 1%

Quote:
You're correct crystal1957, looks like it's imported from the U.K., an interesting product. I read the info on it and like spish's application directions having to regulate dosage to feed and mixtures over a 7 day period would be a pain in the neck for me...maybe not everyone else though. For the same price, a bottle of Valbazen will last a very long time, simple dosage, and kills many more types of worms than flubenvet. Albeit a 14 day egg withdrawal period. Eprinex pour on for the same price, has no withdrawal time at all and is very simple to dose as well. Edited- BTW, my chickens went through fowl pox about 5 years ago.

Last edited:
I think that my chickens may have worms, most specifically my youngest. My question is: should I be using Wazine or Flubenvet? Seems like Flubenvet would be my best bet, but I am new to being a chicken mom.

Thanks.

Crud. I just read the back of the Wazine bottle and it says that you should never use it if your chickens are for egg production. We eat the eggs from our chickens, so should I forgo this product?

Quote:
Honestly, you'd be better off just using valbazen, it kills ALL types of worms. Wazine only gets rid of large roundworms. With valbazen you administer orally, that way you KNOW they got properly wormed. With wazine, it's mixed in water. You dont know if a chicken has drank it or not, it wont drink the treated water if it's sick and then you dont know if they drank enough to be effective. There is a 14 day withdrawal for both products. For wazine, if the chicken is good to eat after the 14th day...so are the eggs.

I use Flubenvet 1%. I buy mine from the UK and I love it! The girls ate it for 7 days (no extra treats) and it was great not having to withdraw eggs. It does say that you can't use the birds for slaughter for a certain amount of time but we don't eat our chooks so we're fine there.
I don't have many birds right now to worm, so I'll just use enough to fix up about 2kg of food at a time. If I need more I'll do more. The do give directions for using the whole tub, a smaller amount and directions for 2kg. I have a scale that measures in gms and kg so it's easy to measure out the right amount.
I had read where one lady mixed the wormer powder into a bit of Olive oil and then mixed that into the feed. Keeps the wormer from falling off the feed as it sticks to each little pellet. I had to really stir it and stir it, but it worked and wasn't all that much trouble.

It was a little expensive, got mine last year and the total for the wormer and shipping from the UK was $39.20. I don't mind tho, it's easy and I don't have to worry about my girls. I only worm them once a year in the fall.

I am really happy with the product.

ARRRGGG They're gone! Where am I going to get Flubenvet now?!?!?!?!?
barnie.gif

has any one on BYC used this stuff or may know any thing about it...? i just found it on line ,Flubenvet Layers Pellets, it a feed & a wormer all in one its fed once every 4 months or so, for i think 7 days.? i would like to know if it worked for any one...? i think this would be sooo much easier for me to use , so im trying to find out more about it good or bad reviews...? but if I like what I find , I will be asking my feed store to carry it, i found this available on amazon & the shipping is not cheap , and usually i dont like anything thats not natural , but after I read about diatomaceous earth that it can harm the eyes & lungs, I dont want to use that, but i think i would be very interested in this Flubenvet Layers Pellets , there is no egg withholding wile using it, so if any one has tried this Flubenvet Layers Pellets & did it work or do you have any advice about it ...? thanks for your help in advance
thumbsup.gif
have a good one take care all Dianna
frow.gif

has any one on BYC used this stuff or may know any thing about it...? i just found it on line ,Flubenvet Layers Pellets, it a feed & a wormer all in one its fed once every 4 months or so, for i think 7 days.? i would like to know if it worked for any one...? i think this would be sooo much easier for me to use , so im trying to find out more about it good or bad reviews...? but if I like what I find , I will be asking my feed store to carry it, i found this available on amazon & the shipping is not cheap , and usually i dont like anything thats not natural , but after I read about diatomaceous earth that it can harm the eyes & lungs, I dont want to use that, but i think i would be very interested in this Flubenvet Layers Pellets , there is no egg withholding wile using it, so if any one has tried this Flubenvet Layers Pellets & did it work or do you have any advice about it ...? thanks for your help in advance
thumbsup.gif
have a good one take care all Dianna
frow.gif

Flubenvet is a good wormer but is a UK product and has to be shipped to this country. Have you considered Rooster Booster Triple wormer since you're looking for a wormer without an egg withdrawal period? I've seen it in feed stores locally, you can call around and ask if your local feed stores carry it. You can order it here, instructions for use included:
http://www.jefferspet.com/products/triple-action-multi-wormer

Back
Top Bottom