Fluffy Butts: A Photo Shoot Inevitability

MrsAuberry00

Songster
Apr 30, 2017
Southern Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
It never fails. I find a nice place to lay on the ground free of chicken poo, (which isn't easy,) bugs, and things that poke to get some photos of my flock, and Anna immediately gives me this, or versions of this:
IMG_20170628_180628.jpg

19060181_10210790519857149_2753239837551661944_n.jpg

After exhausting her tolerance for close ups, she'll meander a few feet away at which point Lady Mary decides she needs to investigate. Being oh so much more regal than Anna, she doesn't go for any ridiculous poses and stays slightly further from the camera to produce images like this:
IMG_20170628_180642.jpg

Finally, she and Anna stroll away to search the grass for yummy tidbits and I think This is it! I can get some sweet photos of these two buddies together. Camera poised to capture that perfect image, finger hovering above the capture button I prepare to snap that picture of superb chicken cuteness and... they flip around and give me this.
Butts.jpg

Every. Single. Time. At least Lady Edith knows how this photo shoot thing is supposed to work.
IMG_20170628_181221.jpg

It never fails. I find a nice place to lay on the ground free of chicken poo, (which isn't easy,) bugs, and things that poke to get some photos of my flock, and Anna immediately gives me this, or versions of this:
View attachment 1070931
View attachment 1070933

After exhausting her tolerance for close ups, she'll meander a few feet away at which point Lady Mary decides she needs to investigate. Being oh so much more regal than Anna, she doesn't go for any ridiculous poses and stays slightly further from the camera to produce images like this:
View attachment 1070935
Finally, she and Anna stroll away to search the grass for yummy tidbits and I think This is it! I can get some sweet photos of these two buddies together. Camera poised to capture that perfect image, finger hovering above the capture button I prepare to snap that picture of superb chicken cuteness and... they flip around and give me this.
View attachment 1070941

Every. Single. Time. At least Lady Edith knows how this photo shoot thing is supposed to work.
View attachment 1070943
This is AWESOME! I love this!! SO cute!:love:goodpost::ya

Nice pictures! One of our Buffies is fascinated by the camera as well. I assume you are a Downton fan, based on the names... Do you have a rooster named Mr. Carson?

I am, and we do have a cockerel. My husband hasn't wanted to keep him so I wasn't going to give him a Downton name, but I think he may be changing his mind, so I've named the little roo "Alfred." I tried "Lord Grantham," "Thomas" or "Barrow," and only Alfred seemed right. He was supposed to be a she named Daisy, so I felt it only fitting to name him after one of the lads Daisy pined for over the years. :)

Back
Top Bottom