Flukers ON TOP of the eggs?

equus2

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Near Antelope Island, Utah!!
Day 12. The havobator is full....just one egg cup empty. Not enough to place the flukers in. SO, its' sitting on TOP of the eggs. I'm getting a strange fluxuation in temps, about 3-4 degrees. 1) I've never had the bator this full and 2) The thermometer has never come in contact with the eggs. Does it's placement distort the temp? Or, is it more difficult to stabilize, as the embryos develop?
hmm.png
hmm.png
hmm.png

Some of the recently manufactured Flukers have been very odd-they do just what you describe, fluctuate wildly up and down with the slightest change in airflow. Is yours a digital one? Have you used it before? I had to take mine back and exchange it for another one that is much more stable.

Keep in mind that the temperature will be warmer the higher you to in the incubator. If you turner makes much of a swing it may be the placement of the thermometer and I would expect the reading to change with the change in location location. I think I would sacrifice one egg to place it correctly rather than wonder if things are haywire. I don't have the Hova Bator type incubator and I always lay the Fluckers right along side the eggs which are laying on the side so I am not absolutely certain how much the rack moves in one of those units.

Back
Top Bottom