July, found Hen crawling with maggots in a hole under her vent the size of racket ball. Soaked her in warm epsom salt 20 min intervals until no maggots were seen. Isolated her from other chickens in the house where no flies could lay more eggs on her. Picture below Day 1 after soaking and drying her off. We put triple antibiotic cream(no pain relieve variety because not good for open wounds) but then after about a week we were advised by a horse fancier to use Vetercyn, which they gave me a small spray bottle of $30, and sprayed her daily with Vetricyn which was an amazing product that I am now a believer in. We also started her on antibiotics after day 1. And trimmed off as much of the black area around the edge as possible, but did not get all of it. Here is the scab that pealed off about 3 weeks later. Sorry I know this is grose, but I did not realize the whole time it was a scab I was spraying and keeping clean and supple (which was good). I had no idea a chicken would scab over this big of an area and just simple peel it off. Below is August photo, the day after the scab came. Note the stitches that our Vet put in. This was not necessary. The Vet actually cut this hole on her trying to make a drain hole but then realized that was not a good idea and stitched her back up. Don't do this! Just use a large syringe and clean needle and poke in swollen abdomen and suck fluids out. And finally September photo, day or two after removing stitches. She has been outside for nearly a month and with her flock now.