Flying day for the Mallards!

Okay, yes I would bring them to the wetlands and see what happens. Whar part of Utah are you from? I live in Northwest Wisconsin it can pretty cold up here! I haven't experienced winter with my ducks yet I got them in spring. If they don't go with the wild ducks then I guess you will have mallards! To keep them warm I would put a heat lamp in the coop. And if it gets really cold you might have to bring them in side or in a garage if you have one?
I'm just outside of salt lake.

What is the low normally? Ducks can with stand 20 degrees F.

We can drop to neg 10. I have extra large reptile heat rocks for most winter days but will add heat lamp if temp really drops. I have a thermometer with an alarm tjat i use in my greenhose in summer but come winter i will put it in coup to constantly monitor and get warnings if it gets to 20 in barn

They won't hate you I think. My mallards are totaly fine with me throwing them in the air.

I don't own muscovys so not really sure how they will react.
1f600.png
We flew today and I didn't have to throw them up into the air
smile.png
I wish your mom was here to take pictures for me
big_smile.png

We can drop to neg 10. I have extra large reptile heat rocks for most winter days but will add heat lamp if temp really drops. I have a thermometer with an alarm tjat i use in my greenhose in summer but come winter i will put it in coup to constantly monitor and get warnings if it gets to 20 in barn

You are all set for winter!
1f600.png

Good luck with the mallards.

Last edited:
That's awesome! How far did they fly?
1f600.png
Thank you. I was soo excited and I couldn't wait to tell you
smile.png
When I saw them they flew about 20 ft. They flew further today. At one time, I thought I saw them soaring over to my brother in laws house but apparently it wasn't them, lol. My drakes that are the same age were trying to fly today. I thought about throwing one of them up but then I thought 'claws' and could almost see them just go ker'plunk from their weight so I changed my mind, lol.

Thank you.  I was soo excited and I couldn't wait to tell you:)   When I saw them they flew about 20 ft.  They flew further today.  At one time, I thought I saw them soaring over to my brother in laws house but apparently it wasn't them, lol.  My drakes that are the same age were trying to fly today.  I thought about throwing one of them up but then I thought 'claws' and could almost see them just go ker'plunk from their weight so I changed my mind, lol.

That's great! Oh, okay yes those claws hurt!
1f62e.png

Oh and they might crash into you.
1f600.png
It's happened to me!
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom